Norwegian Star Cruise Review
2,612 Reviews

Ship was like a super star.

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by dunn9360

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Just arrive back to Tampa today. My wife and I (early 50's) have traveled a lot over the years, we have cruised only 4 or 5 times. We live in the Tampa Bay area. We absolutely loved everything about this cruise. Great service, great shows, clean & comfortable room, wonderful restaurants (all the specialty restaurants deserve 5 stars). The star is an older ship but well maintained. Easy check-in, easy check-out. If you like the slots though be prepared to lighten your wallet.

Not sure why we read a lot of bad reviews before our cruise, I can't imagine how anyone could give a bad review, maybe that's just how they are on or off a ship.

The ports (Rotan, Honduras, Belize,Costa Maya, Mexico (not much there) and Cozumel Mexico were all friendly.We liked the SNUBA in Rotan the best.

I played in the Ship's poker tournament on the second day of our cruise. There was only one winner take all. There ended up being 24 players (entry fee was $100.00) The prize was a free 7 day cruise for 2 and entry in the big $ 200,000 tournament they have on The Epic on December 10th of 2016. Wellllllllll I won. I was offered up t0 $1,500 from fellow passengers for my ticket but my wife really wants to go.

dunn9360's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BC 9082

James was great. Room was always clean.

Roatan

All I can say is do it, you won't be disappointed.

Belize City

Yes you will see nurse sharks and strigrays at your feet. Fun

Cozumel

Pretty bumpy, lumpy and wet. Bring shoes that you don't care if they get ruined with mud.

Tampa

Do not use 717 parking. They did not pick us up and take us back with a shuttle after the cruise ended up having to take a taxi to our car. The worst thing on the entire cruise experience was the taxi driver (I am sure he was the worst taxi driver in the USA), MEAN !

dunn9360