• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

andyonli
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Balcony Suite

This was our 13th Windstar cruise and the 2nd on the Legend. Many of the comments I will make here I've posted before - after our last cruise in June 2015. Also, I read some recent reviews by others on Cruise Critic and my comments will be somewhat repetitive. I thinks that's fine - maybe someone at Windstar will actually read this and do something.

At the outset, I want to be clear that none of my negative comments pertain to the on board staff. They try. Hard. They work long hours and do what they can. However, I am quite disappointed with Windstar at the corporate level.

First, there is no loyalty program. Because we've cruises with Windstar some many times, you'd think we'd be welcomed back as repeat customers. Nothing! Not even flowers or fruit in the room. And no one at check in said anything. I had this discussion on previous cruises and still nothing changed. I talked to Calvin, the hotel manager. He listened, but nothing happened. The only one that actually did anything was Bianca, the guest relations manager.

Balcony Suite

Cabin BS

Not really a balcony. A French balcony. So you can step out side but not sit outside. Mattress has seen better days. Good size closet and bathroom, but shower brackets were loose. And the shower head does point to the middle of the tub. Tough for tall passengers. Good toiletries. Cabin steward was great. Room was kept clean. While we don't go on a cruise to watch tv, choice and reception was poor. There's only 1 AC outlet.

Port Reviews

St. Barts

We rented a car on our own and drove around the Island

St. Martin

Fun. But we didn't eat the food we prepared. But it was a good experience

Jost Van Dyke

Prickly Pear beach bar- b-que. Private event. Nice. Nothing special No place to hike, or swim in private

San Juan