3. Queen Elizabeth
We embarked in Southampton, we were booked for 14:30 but arrived at about 13:10. CPS took the car straight off us, and the luggage porter was helpful. There we no queues, and we were on board straight away, very smooth. Oh by the way this was our first ever cruise, we were a group of 5, my parents myself, hubby and pre-teen daughter. We really enjoyed the cruise, the food in the Britannia Restaurant was fantastic, we had chateaubriand, lobster, lots of seafood the baked Alaska was divine. Our waiters Romeo & Joy were excellent, actually all of the staff we came into contact were marvellous, and I think this made the cruise for us. The Lido had a good variety of foods, however at times it can be a bit of a scrum to get a table, especially for 5, but we managed this. I think at peek times Cunard could maybe allocate the seating, or come up with a system to help with this. The Lido was always very clean and tidy. It was quite windy at times and we had a day where we were most ill, and taken to our cabins. My husband visited the ships doctor and came back with some marvellous tablets, which meant were could fully enjoy the cruise, ( we did take some other tablets with us , but they were not working at all)!! We very much enjoyed the insight lectures particular Malcom Nelson who was a customs officer, even my daughter was totally enthralled by his presentations. We went to about 4 shows as a family. We enjoyed David Copperfield, although an older guy, we did enjoy that older generation humour ( bearing in mind most of the audience were well into there 60's ++). The dancers were good, but let down a little by the 4 singers, the 2 women need a bit more tone to there voices, and were a bit shrieky at times!! We missed one port of call due to bad weather. I have no qualms with this, and would rather be safe, we sailed straight onto Gran Canaria, the captain kept us up to date at all times. We thought the crew were very professionally, and the Captain safety conscious, they even had an extra crew drill whilst we were in port. We paid for 2 excursions, as we were new to cruising, we were a bit apprehensive about been back on time, but both excursions were well organised, particularly Madeira. Rosa was our guide, and as we were travelling as a party of 3 ensured we got a family basket for our toboggan ride, which I recommend.

Pre Christmas Canary Islands

Ages 10 to 12
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA 6126
Our cabin met our expectations, I'm glad we had a balcony, we used it a lot. The bathroom is compact, but all that is needed, my mom would have really liked an English TV channel like the BBC to have watched, as she doesn't like films. Our cabin Steward was really very helpful. All in all it was extremely comfortable, except for the sofa, which is a little on the hard side, but you don't go on a cruise to spend all your time in your cabin, but both my parents like to sit in a little more comfort when enjoying there cabin.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins