CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

We embarked in Southampton, we were booked for 14:30 but arrived at about 13:10. CPS took the car straight off us, and the luggage porter was helpful. There we no queues, and we were on board straight away, very smooth. Oh by the way this was our first ever cruise, we were a group of 5, my parents myself, hubby and pre-teen daughter.

We really enjoyed the cruise, the food in the Britannia Restaurant was fantastic, we had chateaubriand, lobster, lots of seafood the baked Alaska was divine. Our waiters Romeo & Joy were excellent, actually all of the staff we came into contact were marvellous, and I think this made the cruise for us.

The Lido had a good variety of foods, however at times it can be a bit of a scrum to get a table, especially for 5, but we managed this. I think at peek times Cunard could maybe allocate the seating, or come up with a system to help with this. The Lido was always very clean and tidy.

Balcony

Cabin BA

Our cabin met our expectations, I'm glad we had a balcony, we used it a lot. The bathroom is compact, but all that is needed, my mom would have really liked an English TV channel like the BBC to have watched, as she doesn't like films. Our cabin Steward was really very helpful. All in all it was extremely comfortable, except for the sofa, which is a little on the hard side, but you don't go on a cruise to spend all your time in your cabin, but both my parents like to sit in a little more comfort when enjoying there cabin.

Port Reviews

La Coruna

Wen we arrived in La Coruna, we felt a little let down, but once behind the main façade of the buildings, there is a beautiful town square, lots of boutiques, which we enjoyed, and a great promenade.

3 Helpful Votes