• Find a Cruise

Sagitta Cruise Review by VRMullins

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

This was my 2nd Island Windjammer Cruise and I enjoyed it just as much as the first one although the experiences were different. Both captains and the crew were outstanding! My recent cruise was on Sagitta which is larger than Diamanté. However each provided excellent accommodations, meals, and overall customer service from reservations to disembarkment.

The Sagitta cruise had around 20 passengers vs. 7 on Diamanté. However, it's amazing how the bonding between passengers occurred each time. It was amazing having some beaches and islands (Happy Island--a must see built out of conch shells) all to yourself with Bon fires, Caribbean drinks and beach barbecues with a live band.

My friends and I enjoyed the hot springs experience that much more after watching the scene from "Vacation" on the way over. :). I didn't get to experience the previous Windjammer Cruises but many of the passengers on each of my trips have and still spoke highly of IWJ. The entertainment onboard IWJ is created by the passengers and crew but the opportunity is also there for entertainment ashore! There's opportunity to choose fun, cultural insight and/or relaxation! I've enjoyed several big cruise ship experiences and yet I highly recommend this intimate cruise experience!!! Next for me, VELA! (The newest IWJ Vessel!)

VRMullins's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Upper & Lowe Deck Cabin 1 & 7

I experienced Cabin 1 on Diamanté (Captains Quarters--Outstanding!) And Cabin 7 on Sagitta which was very comfortable and my very first cruise/or any other experience on a top bunk. I was pleasantly surprised how well I navigated.

Island tour

Island Windjammers gives you access to many beautiful, island beaches and towns the larger cruise ships cannot access! (At least parts of the island)

View All 293 Island tour Reviews
Rainforest Tour

We enjoyed a walk around the various shops in Dominica before taking an afternoon tour of The sulphur hotprings and Trafalgar Falls!

View All 45 Rainforest Tour Reviews

Breathtaking and eerie all at the same time. It was amazing to see the currently steaming volcano with charred land on one side and perfectly lush greenery on another while standing on the ruins of what was once a popular resort hotel for tourists...

View All undefined undefined Reviews