• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Pebbles4444
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Inside Stateroom

This was my third cruise, but first on RCCL. I will NEVER sail on RCCL again unless someone I know and trust can assure me that they have done a full overhaul of their ships and crew training.

The positives: Alberto and Davon were our dining room servers and they were AWESOME. Fast and friendly service, very efficient and professional. The strawberry bisque was sensational. Our cabin stewards were efficient. The bungee trampoline was an enjoyable experience for my girls. Plenty of trivia options for those (like me) who enjoy them, and offered in non-smoking areas.

The negatives: Where do I start? There were so many of them.

Inside Stateroom

Cabin N

HORRIBLE! Beds were hard as a rock, felt like someone had taken a small piece of foam and thrown it on top of a rock. I expected small, but this cabin was the size of a walk in closet and the bathroom was the size of a normal closet. I am a big person, and I could barely turn around in the shower stall.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Check in went fine for some members of my group and terrible for others. The personnel I personally came in contact with acted as if they would rather be anywhere else, except at work.

Nassau

Get off that first street ASAP. I call it Obnoxious Road. That is where the people are constantly in your face trying to sell you things and convince you to take a carriage ride or hire a taxi or get your hair braided. Get up to the next street and you can browse or shop at your leisure. Leave the Straw Market for last. Almost anything you can buy there can be bought in one of the shops for less money. And most of the stalls in the straw market are merely a repeat of the previous one.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

I didn't spend long on CocoCay, but did enjoy the beach there. Especially since my 3 year old could play in the water and on the sand without someone telling us she had to get out since she was wearing a swim diaper. My husband and 2 youngest daughters saw a sting ray up close and personal, close to the shore. My son had fun playing in the sand and my oldest daughter was given a snorkeling experience by her aunt, which was enjoyable.

3 Helpful Votes