• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Traveled with children

My three sons just returned from a 7 day, pre Christmas, Caribbean cruise on Crystal Symphony. We had sailed on the same ship 18 months ago to Eastern Canada. On both voyages we have been impressed with the Crystal Experience. The line provides a traditional luxury cruise experience, which is very hard to find nowadays. I would give top marks to the great food and service on the ship. Every single meal we had on the ship was a delight. We like having an assigned table and assigned waiters at dinner at night, that way we got to know the waiters and they got to know us. Casual dining for breakfast and lunch was greatly enjoyed at outdoor Trident Grill. Special kudos go out the the deck stewards who provided us with drinks and other deck services .

I really like the large swimming pool on this ship. Excellent for actually swimming laps and almost never crowded. The large hot tub is also a delight. My three sons greatly enjoyed use of the paddle tennis court. The full wrap around outdoor promenade deck is also a great feature. Would be better if they added at least a few deck chairs on the promenade deck.

Daytime lectures on history and politics were first rate. Nightime entertainment was extensive. Very nice real live band to provide music for production shows (no recorded music). Excellent smaller bands in other small lounges. In Transit Jazz trio was a standout in the Palm Court at night. First rate dancers in the shows...some of the song selections not to my taste, but overall production shows were very good. Only critical thing I noted on entertainment was the very poor choice of movies in movie theatre...they had nothing but second rate movies When we were aboard 18 months ago they had excellent choice of first run recent major movies.

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Cabin C1

Port Reviews

Miami

only went from airport to dock

Grand Turk

Beach here is okay, convienent walk from ship. But not what I would consider a first rate beach.

St. Barts

Loved St. Barts. Bring lots of Cash. Excellent "Nikki Beach" a short taxi ride from the tender dock. Shopping interesting, but out of my league.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

Great Fun. Excellent staff. Ask them to skip the shopping experience right after the zip lining and take you back to ship....that is what we did.

Tortola

Great tour of island and enjoyed about an hour and 15 minutes at Cane BAy Garden Beach. Would have been perfect if about 2 hours plus at beach.

6 Helpful Votes