• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

This was my 62nd cruise. I have been on almost every cruise line and had fun on just about all of them.

The pro's for this cruise include: Captain Marek Slaby - he was more visible than ANY captain of any ship I have sailed. He sang in the Centrum, he played volley ball in the swimming pool, and even was wishing everyone a safe trip home as we were leaving the ship at the gang plank. Our Waiter - Mulani was fantastic as was our bus boy Andras Dudas. They both were friendly, kind, and knew our likes and dislikes by the third night!! Our Stateroom Attendant - Alicia Noray was always there with a smile and did an A+ job of keeping our cabin spotless. Last and certainly not least- Vojtech Prochazka (AKA "V") the Diamond Concierge Manager. He was the best Concierge of any ship I have sailed. One of his many duties was to manage the Diamond lounge for Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle members. He and his staff did a top notch job of keeping drinks filled and the Hors d'ourvres stocked.

The con's - Check in on the 1st day was VERY slow, there was a problem when the computers "went down" and everything came to a immediate halt. I am sure they did not want this to happen, but it is almost 2016 there must be a better system that could be used. Check in did take several hours, I thought for sure someone was going to faint while waiting in the long lines. The Diamond lounge on deck 6 needs to be expanded or moved to a place with more seating. The Happy Hour started at 4:30 every evening, but if you were not there by 4:00 you did not get a seat. This club will most likely grow as time goes on and a larger venue is surely needed, maybe in the Viking Crown Lounge, next to the Diamond + lounge? There was an overflow area provided at the bar next to the Diamond lounge but at times even that was at full capacity with standing room only.

Large Ocean View Stateroom