Amsterdam Cruise Review

HAL MS Amsterdam

Amsterdam Cruise Review by kjoephyllis

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: South America

I enjoyed the 32 day cruise. The library was large, the food very good, the entertainment enjoyable, the ports interesting, the lectures very informative. What's not to like ?

The wheelchair stateroom was very large & was easy to park my scooter out of the way. The bathroom was also large with a handicap shower chair that was easy to use. The room stewards, the waiters, & all the rest of the staff bent over backwards to be friendly & very helpful. You could ask for almost anything off the menu & you'd get it with a small wait. The embarkation was easy especially since we checked in online. The debarkation was only as fast as customs could work. Everything was ready- from porters to help find & carry luggage to lines for aliens & Americans. I didn't like that scooters were in the same line as passengers because I ran over a foot inadvertently. I drove my scooter both on & off the ship, thru embarkation & debarkation. This cruise line is quite superior to others. Last year & the year before we took Princess. Nothing was as good on Princess as on HAL. I like lectures; Princess doesn't. I like a large library; Princess doesn't. The entertainment was comparable on both cruise lines, but the food was not as good on Princess as on HAL. The staff on Princess was OK, but HAL is superior. The activities were varied as well as the shore excursions, however expensive. We took an excursion from a new excursion company affiliated with Costco travel. The tour guide was outstanding & we travelled on a mini bus instead of a large motor coach bus.Hal couldn't tell me in advance whether I could take my scooter , placing it in the under compartment of the bus, whereas the new company could give me every detail. There was a children's club, religious services & a great cruise director . It's no wonder that we've travelled over 120 days altogether on HAL(over 15-20 different cruises on many cruise lines) & was rewarded for it with a medallion & discounts in many areas of the ship.

kjoephyllis's Full Rating Summary

Cabin wheelchair cabin 3431

spacious, many closets, large bathroom, handicap shower chair, space to park my scooter & a wonderful cabin steward.

kjoephyllis