MSC Fantasia Cruise Review

MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by RelaxingMum

• Sail Date: Oct 2014
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Cruised on the Fantasia during October school week. The itinary was good only ports I would not hurry back to were for Athens and Olympia.

Venice and Santorini were amazing and I would love to go back to both for a holiday. Sailing out of Venice was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Seeing the sights and the friendly Italians in their little boats sailing along side us was an amazing start to our cruise.

The ship itself was fabulous balcony cabin was very spacious and decorated beautifully. When the bedsette was out it was a bit cramped for space but this was only at night when your cabin steward turns down your bed.

The ship was lovely and just like the photos available online. Food was delicious and you can order up to five courses at lunch and dinner. Service in the bars and restaurants was excellent friendly but unobtrusive.

Favourite places to spend time when not on excursions or at the pool were the little coffee shop in the centre of the shopping area fabulous coffee and delicious cakes and ice-cream. The texmex was also great they will advise you on what to have if you are unsure. Yes you need to pay at the texmex but it is discounted and well worth paying for.

Shows were of a hi standard but shorter than expected it would also be nice to be able to take my cocktail into the show.

There are a lot of different nationalities onboard the majority of crew speak good English along with italian, German, French etc.

I would not hesitate to go back on this ship it was my favourite MSC ship I have also been on Splendida, Lirica and Divina.

We always travel with our daughter the facilities for teens could be better but she still loves to cruse and of course children under 18 cruise free. Tips are added to your account on a daily basis and I would recommend taking a drinks package.

RelaxingMum's Full Rating Summary