3. Pacific Princess
This was the official 50th anniversary cruise for Princess. They called it a throw-back but I didn't anything like what cruising was even 30 years ago. I was a little disappointed but still had a great time and was glad I had booked this cruise. I love the Pacific Princess. It had some short-comings such as poor sight lines in the show lounge during shows and not all the activities (no MUTS) the larger ships have but I didn't miss those. The ship is very easy to get around. There was never a long wait for an elevator. There is no anytime dining on the ship unless you want to eat in the buffet or whichever specialty restaurant is open that day (Sabatini's one day and the Steakhouse another day). We ate in the steakhouse one night and the food was excellent. Our steaks were so tender and delicious as was everything else they served. In the main dining room we had 1st sitting and the service we had was very good. However, the food was not up to the standard I expected for a small ship. We used the buffet mostly on port days for lunch. There was a wonderful lunch in the main dining room for cruise critic members. A special cake was served and a special pasta that was delicious. Entertainment was very good. We had entertainers of the year on board such as Miguel Washington, Josh Willingham and a few others. The cast of the Love Boat was on board--Gavin McLeod, Lauren Tewes, Jill Whelan, Fred Grandy, Ted Lange, and Bernie Kopell and we got to meet them. Jack Jones was on board and he sang the Love Boat theme song that he did for the tv show. There were some fairly new movies shown on board such as Mr. Holmes, The Martian and a couple of others. The singers and dancers were one of the best teams we have seen in a while. They really seemed to enjoy doing the shows and meeting with the passengers. It was so easy getting on and off the ship because of its size. Embarkation went quickly and disembarkation was only a few minutes late because of computer problems with immigration/customs. But it didn't take long to find our luggage and get to our transportation. In tender ports we were supposed to get tickets but by the time we went ashore we were taken straight to a tender and had no wait. I didn't take this cruise for the ports although Puerto Vallarta and Loreta were very beautiful. Mazatlan and La Paz were okay but I could have done without Manzanillo and Cabo San Lucas. There was a free shuttle that took passengers into La Paz and we had to use a shuttle in Mazatlan from the ship to the terminal building. We took a taxi to the market in Mazatlan for $6.00 each way. Puerto Vallarta had a mall and Walmart right across the street from the pier and a small market. There were no shore excursions from the ship that appealed to us.

Princess 50th Anniversary Throw-Back Cruise

ssbeagle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Pacific Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE 7021
The cabin was comfortable. The bed was firm (which I like), but the pillows could have been better. Mine were lumpy. I had asked for foam since I can't sleep on feathers. Some of the bedding had stains on it but it was clean and fresh. The towels were thick and always replaced. We had a loveseat and a stool for the desk. The television broke one day but was quickly replaced with a new one. There is a closet for clothes and another contains five drawers and the refrigerator. Under the television is a cabinet with two large shelves. There are two shelves in the nightstands each and the desk has several drawers on one side and shelves on the other. There is plenty of storage space.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins