3. Norwegian Escape
This was my 8th cruise. I have cruised with NCL, Disney and Royal Caribbean. I must say that this was my favorite of them all. The service was excellent, the food was even better. People who complain on these reviews are obviously pessimist's and do not know how to hAve a good time. Cabin: it's a cruise- the rooms are NEVER large. Obviously if you are expecting a hotel room sized cabin, then go to a resort for your vacation. I thought the cabins were the perfect size and the closets had a ton of storage space. The bathroom was also a decent size! Dining: I do not eat at buffets EVER, but I must say that the buffet was really good for breakfast and a snack. They had a variety of options from Asian cuisine, Italian, American/fried food and also salad bars, Childrens are and a plethora of desserts. The main dining rooms were really nice as well. We mostly stuck to The Manhattan Room for dinner and then breakfast or lunch at Savor and Taste. The speciality dining was a little crowded and harder to get a reservation but we were able to eat at Food Republic twice and it was to die for! The sushi and calamari were amazing. Also try the pub sliders if you get a chance. Margaritaville is now a-la-carte but is super cheap if you want to try it. Sit at the bar and ask for The Chocolate Cowboy - he is a hilarious guy! My fiancé ordered a burger there and I got the Shrimp Caesar Salad. O'sheehans is okay but not the best. We had met a few friends and would eat there after going to the night parties - they are open really late so it's a nice option. I really loved the fish and chips there. The wings were a pretty big hit too. Entertainment: the key to entertainment is making sure you get to the box office early on embarkation day. We were able to get a reservation for the Comedy Club and Million Dollar Quartet. I really enjoyed them both. The entertainment at night was amazing! They had the Piano Bar Area, Karoke or Live Bands at 5'oclock Somewhere bar and always had something going on in the Atrium. The Spice H20 was turned into a night club and it was a blast. The glow party was my favorite night. Ultimate Beverage Package and bartenders: The UBP is the easiest way to enjoy your time. You can drink a little or a lot but it makes life easier. It literally works anywhere on the ship and you are also able to get soda and juices each day. It includes a 18% gratuity but my fiancé and I ALWAYS tip extra. If you want the BEST service then I reccomend finding the areas you will be at the most and tip them generously the first day and the last-they love you the whole time and NEVER forget your name. At spice H20- the bartenders are Roanald and Allen and they are soooo wonderful. We are going to miss them! If you want my top favorite drink choices then I would go with the Mai Tai, the Moscow Mule and the Bucshwacker. To die for!!!! Also make sure to checkout District Brew House, Sugarcane and The Mondavi Family Wine Bar. They are great places to go before dinner. Activities: we didn't really do too many activities since we were always at the pool but the slides and ropes course are so much fun. Definitely try them all!!! Make sure you go early though since the line gets crazy packed for the ropes course. Service: all I can say is that I give it 100% satisfaction. Everyone is so kind and helpful. The spa and Pulse fitness: try the gym out earlier in the morning since it gets crowded around 8 am but the view is killer. I recommend doing the Spa Day pass since you can try out the salt room and snow room. It was worth the money since you have the all-day access. You have to do it on a port day, so make sure you don't run out of time. Sea-sickness: that was my only complaint. I got sea sick a lot and I usually don't. I think it may have something to do with the ships height-with it being so tall. I purchased the wrist bands the 3rd day and it definitely helped. Just don't get them wet BC they won't fit as securely and it defeats the purpose. The ginger ale helps too. Value for money: completely worth it since we already booked another one.

The best cruise of my life!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by psquared331

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

The service was excellent, the food was even better.

Value for money: completely worth it since we already booked another one.
psquared331’s Full Rating Summary