3. Liberty of the Seas
Getting on the ship was so fast, I barely had time to get out our paperwork. Leaving the ship was the same so fast and effecient. This was our second cruise. We will never do a Thanksgiving cruise again.... NO leftovers. We were very disappointed with our dinner as was most of our fellow passengers. Not at all like a Thanksgiving meal. Most of the other meals were excellent, a few meals were not, very dry meat and a bit to much salt. But generally very good. The entire cruise was very family oriented which we found no problem with. We were pleased to see families together. But, over 1300 kids was just a bit to much. All the running around was making a lot of people very frustrated by the lack of discipline. We have no grandchildren so just enjoyed theirs, but...... Our cabin had holes in the walls, a broken table, stains on the rug, drapes and walls. Pretty shabby and very worn out.(We do have pictures) Our cabin steward was very good, not as great as our first experience but still very, very nice. We had no problem giving him a great big tip. But our waiter, every night he went on and on about how great his service was, looking for a big tip. I felt he was very pushy. He was very nice seeing to our wants and needs, bringing extra desserts without being asked but the constant asking us how great his service was, was a bit much. Our assistant waiter was great, a very different personalty he did deserve his additional tip. We gave tips out as we were helped, the girl in the ladies room, the men cleaning the windows. I know this wasn't required but they were genuinely pleased to be recognized and watched for us to help us even more, with a no no to an extra tip. Made us feel very well taken care of. The Customer service officers were extremely nice and so helpful. They took care of any problem you might have with a real smile. We made so many friends, both crew and fellow passengers. In fact the entire crew was great. Our tablemates at dinner were fantastic, seemed like family at the end. It was always great to see them in different parts of the ship We enjoyed our cruise so much we will be taking one in May to Alaska Excursions- We enjoyed most of them even in the rain. The Space Center was a BIG waste of time and money. Having just over an hour did not allow you to see very much. We had to wait for 2 ladies that we kept running into on the ship to get their act together and meet the bus. One was so scatter brained, it was not a surprise we had to wait for them. There were to many tourists from Asian countries that completely took over all the simulators, no one in our group got to try any of them out. Seeing lots of buildings in a big parking lot was not my idea of a tour, but our daughter has always wanted to see it. We did get to see the command center, we were told it was open just for 2 weeks and we were lucky as next week it would be closed. Our excursion in Honduras, The Gumbalimba Park was super great. After the horrible rain, we finally took the tour and then almost in disbelief, our tour guide said to go and enjoy ourselves, when we are ready go back, go down and wait for a bus to take us back. Fantastic, I had already read that you could swim and snorkel after the tour if you brought suits. We did. So while my husband enjoyed the water, my daughter and I headed back to the monkeys. I think they feared we were going to try to take all of them home. We had such a great time. The Pirate tour in Belize was cheesy but we still had so much fun and really loved the tamale made in banana leaves, In Cozumel the chocolate factory was a lot of fun, especially being able to eat as much chocolate as you could, sorry I ate way more then my share!! I loved the tortillas with mole and the drink they served us.

Cruisin' on Turkey Day

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by 3scouts

3scouts’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was very worn out with holes in the walls, very stained drapes, carpet and walls. The cabinets were extremely worn with rough edges.
The best thing about our cabin was the big window and where we were on deck 2. It was like being right on the water. If we had poles we could have fished. We loved it being so close to the ocean. It was a bit loud at times but we still liked it. The pulldown bed was a bit awkward to climb the narrow ladder and we did bang our heads on the side, but the bed was very comfortable, better then the sofa last cruise.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• City Tour
    Rain, rain, but we were so glad we were in a trolley, not in the open carriages. It was cheesy the Pirate aspect of it. But I think our whole bus had fun. The costumes were old Halloween ones very torn and worn out. But their enthusiasm was great! Some of the stops were not the greatest, but we had a good time. The stop with the herbs was very questionable, but the tamale they served us made up for the lack of information.
    View All 81 City Tour Reviews
  • Mayan Ruins
    The day was perfect, not hot or cold. Just a few bugs were out. The ruins were ok, not great but ok. I had read about the tour guide trying to sell you things and thought probably an isolated case. Nope, she showed us all kinds of jewelry at the end and said we could buy it in the shops as a special promo purchase from her. Pretty tacky way to end the tour. But, we had a good time seeing the ruins, very few people were around so it was as if we were all alone. Some other passengers, not from our tour, were being very disrespectful and rude with the shop owners trying to get a discount. The stop at the beach was great and the stop at the Chocolate factory was super great. On the tour they have you sample tortillas with chocolate sauce, hot chocolate and then after the tour and in the shop, samples and more samples, did I say samples?? No one said one bite, they were very gracious in allowing you to sample, that was of course before me. Now I'm sue they have a limit, no, not really, they were very helpful and wanted you to sample all of their products. Everyone on this entire tour were very nice and wanted you to enjoy yourself.
    View All 371 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Space Center
    To little time to see much of anything. The tram ride was out to the Command center, you are driving in a huge parking lot seeing lots of old buildings. Finally to arrive to the Command Center, we were told that we were very lucky as the Center was going to be open for only 2 weeks and then closed to the public. We made a stop at a rocket, it was so wet and cold most people remained on Tram to return to see what we could of the Museum before we left. Our tour was very late in arriving to the Space Center, so we only had a short time there. No videos, no second tram ride, no big displays. We walked around the floor displays best we could, there were several tours from Asia, these tourists did not share the simulators, they got on them and only traded with their own. It was very upsetting for some of our tour. A visit to the gift shop was it, there was little time for anything else. We felt very rushed just trying to buy a t-shirt as everyone was boarding the bus. The bus driver did drop people off at another airport(Hobby) but he was not so nice to other people on our bus. No matter what your airlines was, he refused to drop you off at your terminal. One stop. There was a family that had I think 4-6 with a small child, he was very upset with the prospect of trying to get all of their luggage to the gate, We were all told to get a cart. Even if this was somewhere you really wanted to go, Don't do it on the way back to the airport, not worth it. If you do go check out McDonalds as you drive by, there is a spaceman on top.
    View All 5 Space Center Reviews
  • Gumbalina Park
    Just Great!!! I had read in the reviews that at the end you could swim and snorkel, so we were prepared. But what was so great, our guide said when we were done, no hurry, just return to the bus area and when there was 20 people we would be taken back. Have a great time. My daughter and I headed back to the monkeys and spent forever with them. We were able to swim and love on the monkeys for as long as we wanted. Even though it rained like crazy when we first got there, There was an area to wait, everyone was very nice. Soon as the rain let up, off we went. The Parrots were fun, but they did eat off the button on our daughter's favorite hat. There was no rushing. Great information. Everyone was very kind to us. There were vendors hanging around, but after the first no thankful, they respected us. We has a blast, the snorkeling wasn't great but. We lent our gear to a family and they had fun with it too.
    View All 160 Gumbalina Park Reviews