3. Norwegian Spirit
Don't know where to even begin, let me start by saying this was my second time on the Spirit. Our first experience was excellent, we had no reservations about going again and were excited to experience it for a second time. Boy were we in for a big surprise! It all started when we had to report on deck after boarding for the muster, I seriously can't count on both hands how many times they shuffled us and the couple with us around the deck! It was extremely unorganized and multiple people kept telling us to move here then someone would come along and push us back to another side then another person will come and put us back where the last person just moved us from and so on and so forth it became a huge joke amongst everybody that was in the group watching what was going on. I think most of us passengers knew more what was going on than the crew at that point. After the drill we headed directly to the bar on deck behind raffles. We were the first to arrive and sit at the bar and still could not get bar service! The bartenders looked very frazzled before people even started showing up, it took forever to get a drink even when I was sitting in the middle of the bar and told both bartenders several times I needed a drink when they were done and they just kept running circles around each other. There was no personal interaction with either bartender and as many times as I tried to get their attention so they knew I needed a drink, other people were having to order for me because I couldn't get waited on. The first thing I do when I get on ship is look for my own bartenders someone who will take care of me and will have fun on the job. Aside from pre paying my gratuities I had a $50 bill in my pocket waiting to find the right bartender and neither was worthy of even a dollar! It never did get any better over the course of the week, I can't believe there was not even any poolside bar service I have never seen anything like it in my life. The food was absolutely horrible, no matter what area, what time or what day we went. Based on our last experience on the Spirit, we were looking very forward to the fabulous food and service that came with it, what a huge disappointment. The buffet did not have the best of selections like last time, the food was cold, forget about getting cooked to order eggs in the morning unless you wanted to wait 40 minutes. We are not picky eaters either and we felt we couldn't even get a decent meal in the main dining areas. We did have good service one evening in the Garden and that was it, the rest was mediocre at best and one night in the Garden we got the worst food and worst service we've ever received in our lives! The server was borderline rude and very disinterested in being there and taking care of us. She was more concerned with what was going on around her and the rest of the dining room, which resulted in her not even taking our drink orders until we asked, after our food came in which every single order she had screwed up because she wasn't paying attention, then screwed up our drink order and then never came back again. Staff in general amongst the ship didn't seem to know much about what was going on nor have an understanding for anything you ask them. The tendering was absolutely horrible and very disorganized. My husband went to go get a ticket poolside at 6:30 a.m. to get off the ship. We did not have an excursion planned and when he got there the guy told him he was the first one to receive a ticket to get off the ship. However when it came time to tender to the island, it took almost 3 hours. We lost almost half of our time on the island because nobody knew what they were doing while trying to get us off the ship. Forget trying to get a good cup of coffee anywhere on the ship it was like mud from the buffet to the main restaurants to the Blue Lagoon. The cabin coffee was the best bet and was still just ok, however it was an inconvenience to get your dessert to go and have to go back to the room to make your own coffee. One night we went back and had no water when trying to fill our coffee pot. I called the front desk to let them know there was no running water in our room and she told me that there was an emergency and they had to shut the water off and hopefully they would have it fixed soon. Hearing there was an emergency when I'm in the middle of the ocean is not what I wanted to hear she could have said there was a plumbing issue or something... Not tell me there was an emergency! When we finally got running water again about an hour later, nasty, smelly black sludge kept filling our toilet. I think about every public bathroom throughout the ship that I went into had out of order signs and them and as the week progressed more and more restrooms were out of order! We went to the pool party at night and no one was there except a handful of staff and a couple of passengers. We were excited to party the night away and forget about the first half of the week and even that was a dud. We lost and went to the galaxy, and had a drink or two and thought when we went back to the pool it should be hopping by then... what a joke when we went back out a little later no one was there. Unlike our last booking on this ship, the bars were closed around the pool and there was no food being served, it is no wonder how do you have a pool party with no food or drink? The white hot party was a bust due to the weather they have since moved it out on the pool deck instead of inside the galaxy of stars. Why they moved it outside is beyond me they sell a crap load of t-shirts get their money and then have nothing going on due to inclement weather. All they want is money money money and give nothing in return. Very disappointed to see that they are now charging for room service also. We waited all week in anticipation for the big midnight chocolate buffet, that never happened! The only positive thing I have to say about the cruise was our room stewardess, she was very sweet and attentive and always had our room tended too, restocked, freshened up and a fresh towel animal waiting on our bed for us every evening. I was happy to give her everyone else's tips! :-) So disappointed in this ship on so many levels, I could go on and on but I wont. It really does not take much to satisfy or make us happy but I feel after all the money that was spent on this cruise, it was a huge disappointment and you couldn't pay me enough to go on it again! Everyone we talked to on the ship seemed to feel the same, way to go NCL! We set extra aside to put a deposit down on our next cruise while on board, you know that didn't happen!!! I know other cruise lines that would be more than happy to take our money and give us a great vacation. Please, if you choose to sail Norwegian do not go on the Spirit!

WoW...not in a good way!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Staycg

Staycg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 10600
Average, somewhat dated room. Thin, hard mattress. Balcony is ok, not well kept and they have bolted panels to adjoining balconies. Used to be able to open up to adjoining room, very disappointed that I was told we could open door to make balcony bigger with friends next door and they are solid walls now.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins