3. Seabourn Odyssey
This was my first Seabourn cruise, having previously sailed with Crystal one can't help comparing experiences. However, there is little I can say about Seabourn that would compare favourably, or entice me to sail with Seabourn in the future. Overall it was a dull experience, I did not find the ship to be well laid out, I found the decor bland, ceilings low, generally lacking in colour with virtually no art to brighten it up or give a point of interest or feel of luxury. While they provide al fresco evening dining, it is by the swimming pool and they make no effort to dress the area from daytime to evening and so the tables are left left bare of table clothes with no lanterns, table lighting, or flowers, to create an atmospheric dining experience. I found the food service to be delinquent, for example waiting 45 minutes for tomato soup, (served cold), or an hours wait between courses in the main restaurant. While they pride themselves in providing whatever you might wish for, in reality it felt as though an imposition for them to do so. I found the salads to be poor and my grand daughter of 9 years has made me a better pizza. I suspected that there was an issue between the galley and the servers. Seabourn Square is advertised as having a European Konditorei-style coffee bar serving specialty coffees, drinks, sandwiches, pastries and gelato. In reality, I found the choice of sandwiches to be of a very thin club sandwich, or a very small round corn roll with about a half spoon of egg filling and there was no daily variety. I asked for some fruit instead but they said that they didn't serve it. The entertainers were a delightful bunch but the acts were not memorable. At times it felt holiday campish and perhaps demeaning given the advertised 5 star offering.

Disappointing three star experience...

Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Review by I name this ship

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

The entertainers were a delightful bunch but the acts were not memorable.

I name this ship’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seabourn Odyssey price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH
It was just OK, not I think worth the extra cost over a veranda suite. But the young lady who serviced the suite was highly efficient.
Deck 10 Suite Cabins