3. Coral Princess
As seasoned cruisers, we were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed our mini-suite with a window (Baja 202 - our usual balcony choices midship weren't available). It was large with a wonderful tub but be warned that you DEFINITELY feel the motion of the ocean! Our room steward Edmar did a great job. The ship does show some signs of aging but not anything major to complain about. Our favorite place to spend the day was at the Lotus Pool. Although the seas weren't rough, we did have a lot of motion that made those in the pool feel like they were in a washing machine. The Production Shows (Motown, Dance, On the Bayou) were the absolute best we've ever seen! The choreography, set design, costumes were top notch. Obviously others felt the same way since the theater was packed for every show. The entertainers on board were also great (Comedian Carl Strong, Magician Alexander Great, Singer Travis Turpin, Singer Stephanie Parker). We even went twice to see On the Bayou & several of the entertainers & we never do that since we often feel ho hum about the shows. I even compliment the band. Often, they appear to just be going through the motions but not these guys. They seemed to really be into the music and enjoying themselves which in turn reflected to the crowd. I don't think I've ever complimented the entertainment as much as I did on this trip and it was a common discussion in the elevator, common areas & the Horizon Court. Speaking of the Horizen Court, the service was outstanding there. Maybe everyone was in the holiday spirit but whether servers or head waiters, they were always smiling, laughing with the passengers & wonderfully attentive. (I especially enjoyed my conversations with Marius.) We've been on 3 previous Panama Canal trips & this was by far our favorite. Embarkation was a breeze but there was some confusion with the disembarkation as the dining area we were to meet in wasn't open for the early arrivers.

Best Production Shows and Entertainment We've Seen!

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Jan Thorwart