Viking Emerald Cruise Review

All Things China

Viking Emerald Cruise Review by Colginny

• Sail Date: Jul 2015
  • Destination: Asia River

This was my first Viking cruise and I would definitely recommend it to all my friends. I have traveled around the world and China was on my list to see next. The Chinese people were friendly and the food was wonderful!

Our tour guide, Richard, was amazing, funny, informative and very organized. He has a true gift for sharing his country with his guests and he made everything run smoothly for us.

The ship furnishings seemed a little tired, but was OK. Having a dehumidifier in the room was a must. Our dining room staff were great! They were friendly and always remembered our names! The food on the ship was delicious and there was always a good variety.

The cabin staff showed minimal care and our cabin lacked storage. It would have been nice to have some drawer space.

Our hotels stays were amazing. The hotels were gorgeous and the food was superior. All our shore excursions were amazing. I enjoyed seeing everything that was available! Reading about China and then seeing the sights in person exceeded all expectations. I wish we had gone in the spring tho, as the temperature in July was very hot and all the Chinese were on vacation as well. Even tho it was crowded, our tour guide was adept at getting us to and thru everywhere.

Richard took care of keeping us informed of our every step, from bus rides to our in- country flights. I am so happy that I was able to see China with the help of the Viking staff!

It is hard to describe the air pollution throughout China. But it is very noticeable and upon my return home, my lungs took a while to clear out.

Colginny's Full Rating Summary

Average at best. No storage and the cabin staff showed minimal care. Humidity was a big problem.

Amazing city. Old and new at its best. Air Pollution was overwhelming at times

Beijing

Just drove by, not really close enough to appreciate

Beijing

Loved it! A definite must see! People were friendly.

Mutianyu Great Wall

Truly amazing!

View All 8 Mutianyu Great Wall Reviews
Temple of Heaven

Beautiful!

View All 2 Temple of Heaven Reviews
Shanghai

Shanghai is a beautiful city. I could have spent more time there easily!

Shanghai Museum

Beautiful!

View All 16 Shanghai Museum Reviews
Shanghai

Beautiful way to see the old and new buildings of Shanghai.

Colginny