Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

First time cruiser; not impressed.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by sslall

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

This was my 1st cruise with a group of 7 other women celebrating my sister's 25th birthday. The ship was beautiful but we spent A LOT of time searching for food. When we did find food available the quality was horrible. I have always heard people raving about the food! Little did I know the Park Café would have old pizza, hard breaded sandwiches, and soggy salads. We attempted to order room service and after holding for 20 minutes was informed we would have to wait 45 minutes before getting the food. While on hold for 20 mins I called the guest services desk inquiring about the hold time and the gentleman rudely stated that there were only 2 staff members available to take orders and that I should just put the call on speaker and wait. If there was a few hundred guests on the ship why would they only make 2 staff members available to take orders? Why offer a service and not be able to provide it?

The next day for breakfast I had to ask for a HOT cup of coffee 3 times before I decided to just give up. When my eggs arrived to the table in a fluorescent yellow color and I inquired about it the waitress stated "you did not state you wanted REAL eggs"! I was so astonished. Then the boat was swaying so much it was unbearable. The day we were on the island the ship choses to have the fun events and serve the good food. How inconsiderate that is for the guests that would of course try to enjoy their time on the island. The day we were supposed to visit Coco Cay we were unable to dock due to water conditions. I believe this could have been predicted because the water conditions were rough the days prior. Before I left home the news channel informed us the water was going to be rough. The ship did nothing to accommodate the guests for the day we missed on the island. No free drinks, no special food, or activity (other than a game). I would not recommend this ship to anyone. I hear Carnival has good quality food around the clock (So no hunt required) and they are less expensive.

sslall's Full Rating Summary