3. Anthem of the Seas
So, here I am on the Anthem of the Seas. I got off a 12 day cruise on NCL's Breakaway. I am currently on Royal Carribean's new Anthem of the Seas until Saturday, December 19th. I have been curious to cruise RC for years because I keep hearing how great it is. For those of you who cruise NCL and think you are missing out, fear no more. Here is what I can tell you: #1 - Beautiful Royal Carribean Ship. They win in the decoration department, over NCL. #2 - Cabin. Although I have a balcony on this ship, and on NCL, I generally sleep under the bridge, with just a window, I have to say that NCL wins. The cabin is always immaculate on NCL, and the cabin stewards do that extra little something that make you feel special. You can laugh, but I miss the triangular fold on my bath tissue! #3 - Cafeteria. Although I do not like going to the Garden Cafe because of kids touching everything, I have to give it to NCL for quality of food in this area. I cannot say anything great about the RC food in this area. The tables were full of discarded dishes and food. I have NEVER seen that on NCL. It seems RC scrimped on bussers to clean the areas. Not good. #4 Casino. Hands down, NCL WINS. Although I love the LARGE non-smoking area and hope that NCL will SOON adopt a small smoking area policy, there is NO comparison with the Casino Staff. Here on RC, forget getting a cup of coffee in the mornings, in the casino. They look at you like you are crazy and direct you upstairs. Pastries? Sandwiches? You must be from another dimension to expect this. Not even a complimentary drink during free table lessons. People in this casino are cold, unwelcoming, and not very good at thinking about making gamblers happy. #5 Food in main dining room. So far, NCL wins. My food last night was cold, the night before just mediocre. Although NCL needs to step it up in this department, I keep dreaming about the beef slider I had on the last night and how nothing can compare. #6 Embarkation: NCL - you win. All documents in place, no confusion, no repetitive questions. No problem with website. #7 Talent: Royal Carribean - your talent is exceptional, shows a bit contrite, but singers and bands beat NCL hands-down. #8 Public areas. Royal Carribean, you win. I love the forward 270 degree bar area/theatre. I also love the multiple, larger, less crowded venues. Seating is fabulous. #9 Friendliness of overall staff: NCL has Prem (Breakaway), and Prem, you're the man. Nothing but perfection, and I for one appreciate it. Prem is in charge of most everything that affects the average person....hospitality, hotels, restaurants, etc. If Prem is on board, no one has to worry. NCL you win. Royal Carribean, you need a Prem so we don't look at grumpy personnel or dirty tables. #10 Bar Staff....No candle: NCL, you win again. I love the "healthy shot" I got on NCL. Here, I just see grumpy bartenders, with the exception of the guys from St. Kitts. So, that's it. Let's see who wins: NCL 7; RC 3.....Been cruising 30 plus years, and I say it as I see it. I love you NCL, and I'll be back!!!

Platinum Cruise Muse Comparing Two Ships and Two Lines