• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Azamara Quest Review

Editor Rating
84 Awards

Were our expectations too high?

Review for Azamara Quest to Asia
stait
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2015
Cabin: Club Oceanview Stateroom

I don't like to write a bad review as I am lucky enough in this world to be able to cruise and find new and exciting places. I had heard a lot of good things about Azamara, were my expectations too high? No. Am I the brands clientèle? Yes. What would have made this cruise better? Lots. Why did this cruise not work for me? It did rain for the first 5 days but that is not the fault of the cruise.

I feel it lacked on all accounts. Food was my biggest problem if you can't make eggs properly then its a problem. Coffee was another problem it was not made with fresh milk, if you want fresh milk you must order 2 months in advance. The food in the dinning room only 2 nights out of 10 we said that was a nice dinner. The hash browns like cardboard. To be honest there was too much to criticise so lets say way below expectations.

The crew were friendly but no one stood out. The announcements by cruise director though friendly too long and too much. Entertainment ok seemed dated from the guitarist to piano guy no show stoppers. I guess I was just expecting more bang for my dollar. I can't say i will cruise with Azamara again as I can't see the value.

Club Oceanview Stateroom

Smaller than expected but nice.

Port Reviews

Hanoi

Hanoi is ok hard too review it rained

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Big bustling Asian city with some lovely french architecture.

Hong Kong

We only embarked from here

3 Helpful Votes