Azamara Quest Cruise Review

Were our expectations too high?

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by stait

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Club Oceanview Stateroom

I don't like to write a bad review as I am lucky enough in this world to be able to cruise and find new and exciting places. I had heard a lot of good things about Azamara, were my expectations too high? No. Am I the brands clientèle? Yes. What would have made this cruise better? Lots. Why did this cruise not work for me? It did rain for the first 5 days but that is not the fault of the cruise.

I feel it lacked on all accounts. Food was my biggest problem if you can't make eggs properly then its a problem. Coffee was another problem it was not made with fresh milk, if you want fresh milk you must order 2 months in advance. The food in the dinning room only 2 nights out of 10 we said that was a nice dinner. The hash browns like cardboard. To be honest there was too much to criticise so lets say way below expectations.

The crew were friendly but no one stood out. The announcements by cruise director though friendly too long and too much. Entertainment ok seemed dated from the guitarist to piano guy no show stoppers. I guess I was just expecting more bang for my dollar. I can't say i will cruise with Azamara again as I can't see the value.

stait's Full Rating Summary

Club Oceanview Stateroom

Smaller than expected but nice.

Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Big bustling Asian city with some lovely french architecture.

stait