3. MSC Splendida
It took 8 hours for my luggage to arrive at our room. embarkation was slow and disorganised. The disembarkation was dis-organized embarkation with people hanging around lost and confused. There was no information in place at embarkation. My husband who is disabled had to walk a very long way in the heat to the taxi, as the roads were closed for redesigning and 2 MSC ships were disembarking at once, it was chaotic and dangerous with one single pavement and porters who were squeezing through the throng with huge trolleys! The most outstanding issue, I think, was the lack of hygiene aboard this ship. It was terrible; almost non-existent. Dozens of people were sick with colds, coughing, sneezing, around the food. When entering the buffet or dining room, no staff member was present to oversee that people used the hand sanitizer, so most did not. Other cruise lines enforce this. Babies in nappies were sat on the tables in the buffet.  When I asked the staff for a decaf coffee sachet they looked at me as if I had asked them to stick pins in their eyes, the staff were rude, arrogant, argumentative, and appeared to think that “the customer is always wrong”.  service wasn't good (room attendant being the exception).  I would NOT recommend this cruise line to anyone. Both of us came back home with an illness, from colds to sore throats, and I believe the lack of cleanliness on this ship played a big part in that. I feel we should get a refund for this awful experience. Definitely NOT a luxury cruise The buffet was very crowded and chaotic, it was hard to find a free table, and I was shocked to be using plastic cups and plates ! The drink packages were expensive, it was low quality food. Poor service and attitude. Hard to relax in this environment! Half the buffet was closed and the other half was over crowded. They served the same food the whole cruise recycling everything. The food was plentiful but the quality was very poor, everyone was saying that it was very poor quality. The coffee was really undrinkable they must be using the cheapest kind of coffee beans.  The theatre was stunning but wasted as the entertainment on board was terrible we are used to west end style shows like the ones P and O put on.  Frequently there was no internet and I got shouted at in reception for trying to get it 3 days in a row. In The Gym - there are 10 running machines with people queuing to use them - 8 are taken up with people taking a slow walk ! The 25 minute rule on the running machines in the gym doesn't work as young men just come off of one machine and go onto another machine.  There was a passenger strutting around with a speaker blasting music out and sticking his finger up at anyone who asked him to go away. The staff didn't bother to say anything to him. There were stalls set up everywhere to try to get passengers to spend more, selling everything from handbags to not pads, it looked like a jumble sale. We will never go on a MSC Cruise again, it was so disappointing after going on a P&O Cruise. The ship was beautiful and kept very clean. The places we visited were lovely, although some areas were clearly very dangerous, no warnings or advise was given to us.

Never again

fishy300’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 11063
Nice cabin, not enough wardrobe space or coathangers. No where to put our suitcases or shoes.
The balcony chairs were uncomfortable.
The toilet erupted all over the floor several times, I was just told that they knew about it.
We were woken up at 8.30am by a vacuum being used outside of our door and also at 10pm and 11 pm. We were woken at 7,30 am by the maid putting the towel trolleys and vacuum against our room wall.
We requested single beds as my husband doesn't sleep well but we were given a double.
No kettle or refreshments.
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins