3. Adventure of the Seas
We have been on over 25 cruises, half of those on Carnival mainly because of my children, they were great. The other 10 or so have been on all the others. This was our 2nd on RC. First one was not overly impressed, but had to give them another shot My wife and I are searching for a new, little more adult cruise line now that the kids are on to college. I use to tell people I could cruise around in circles and have a great time until I got onto a Royal Caribbean boat. 2.5 hours in line to get on the ship. The food is awful. Ok the first day ,but the exact same breakfast / lunch every single day. The orange juice is tang or worse. The dinners were no better, never the way you wanted it prepared when it comes to steak. Absolutely understaffed to the point that my wife's and I dirty plates sat in front of us literally for an hour while waiting on dessert. Not the fault of the waiter and asst. because they were running as fast as they could and just could not keep up as they had to handle everything including all drinks. RC is just expecting to much out of their staff, more profits I assume. This includes the specialty restaurant, the hostess was running back and forth to our table for our waters, bread, drinks while she was trying to seat other guests. Food there was sub par at specialty restaurant , cancelled the other 3 nights we had booked there. Be ready 18% gratuity on all drinks. 2 regular rum punches at the pool cost us $25 with tip. $8 to eat a hamburger at Johnny Rockets. Only other choice for hamburger or hot dog was dried up in a tin at the lunch buffet. Wife like to have a drink and movies under the stars.They played the same 2 movies the entire week. Tomorrowland and Alaho. Unbelievable!! Room service very much lacks selection exact same as buffet and breakfast dining in main dining room was the exact same food as the buffet. We are beach people, grabbed cabs to the beaches. Orient beach on St Marteen is cool. But save your self some money on therapy, don't go to the nude side. No one under 70. Ship layout is cool but dated, shows typical. Staff was nice. Islands were fantastic We will continue to search for our next go to cruise line, but no way it will be RC.

Over 25 cruises and this was my worst one, and I am very easy to please.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by heymilton