3. Norwegian Sky
This was my second cruise with Norwegian and I had somewhat high expectations which quickly were not meet. We arrived early to enjoy the most of the day Friday on the boat and we boarded around noon and spent 1.5 hours exploring the boat until an announcement was made for everyone to line up on Deck 6 outside. We go outside (still with our bags as we had been on our way to our rooms) where we see numerous police officers, custom officials and crew running around. There was utmost confusion and nobody (passengers and crew) seemed to have any idea of what was going on. They forced us to disembark off of the boat and we were ushered into a large warehouse (baggage claim terminal area) with no communication. We had no idea what was going on. Rumors begin to fly as the warehouse began to fill with people. There were rumors that there had been a shooting on the pier and that the gunmen had raced onto the boat. There were no cruise officials in the warehouse, only port security guards at all the doors who refused anyone to exit. The line for the 1 stall restroom was an hour long as there were nearly 1000 people in that warehouse. They slowly brought in some water and walked around cookies. After a few hours, they brought out chairs but there were not enough for everyone so I went back to sitting on the floor. Eventually towels were brought out. NO ANNOUCEMENTS WERE MADE AT ALL. the frustration of not knowing what the hell was happening was extreme. There was terrible cell phone reception in the building and my phone died. Nobody would share the precious few wall outlets and I could not get further information about what was going on. After about 3 hours of hell, I see 3 police officers run through the throngs of people will huge machine guns. IT was horrifying. I had no what was going on. After 7 HOURS, we were finally let back in. The whole cruise was ruined. Numerous people refused to get back on the boat after such an extreme security failure. So what caused this panic? The only announcement we heard was that there was an authorized guest onboard. I learned more reading the news and other announcements from NCL's Twitter and Facebook pages. This "guest" didn't swipe his card properly and then ran onto the boat? There is a LONG way between the security and getting onto the boat. SOMEONE COULD HAVE EASILY TACKLED THIS PERSON. The review below me said that the guy was in the terminal with us. How did they miss him? Honestly I felt so unsafe, I never want to cruise again. Long story short, if you want to sit in a cold warehouse with 1000 people, then take NCL Sky.

NCL Sky Security Failure