3. Marella Celebration
Having never cruised before and after reading some of the reviews on here i must admit I was very apprehensive about this holiday and was wishing I had booked my usual style winter holiday (Thailand/Australua). As a fit 46 year old woman travelling with my Auntie and reading that the cruise was geared for the over 60s on some reviews I feel I should point out that that is simply not true. Yes there was over 60's but there was lots of age ranges too. The whole trip was fantastic from start to finish and it was one of the best holidays I've ever had. The ship was lovely (perfectly preportioned and sleek). The decor was tasteful and it was spotlessly clean at all times. The staff were all friendly, courtious courtious and seemed happy in theur work. Paul Evans the cruise director is brilliant at his job. He's lively, funny and caring. Other passengers I spoke with also thought so. I saw him onshore when he was off duty on a number of occasions and he was just the same. A great asset to Thompson. I would also like to mention our cleaner Sukran who ws brilliant. I'm sure he has eyes in the back if his head as he never once disturbed us but our room was always prepared even when we had onky been away from it for half an hour! Giovanni also stood out as being really lovely in the Meridian. Which leads me nicely into talking about the food, which must have been ok for me to put on half a stone even as a fussy eater. All of the restaurants catered for food alergies and woukd also make up meals to suit if required which is amazing considering how many people they were catering for. The lido buffet always had plenty of choice and seemed to be always open. The meridian menus were well thought out and it was lovely sitting with strangers (by choice) to eat and thus meeting some wonderful people. The two A la carte restaurants cost £20 each and had to be booked. I must say they were both scrumptious and the 5 courses worth every penny. The service was also impeccable. The things tbat people moan about on these websites seemed crazy in my opinion but then some people criticise everything and make their own lives miserable in the process. For example, when walking past reception I heard one gentleman complaining about a loud noise as 7.20 in the morning. That was the ship docking!!! The entertainment was varied and was well organised. Some of the shows were not to my taste but others were right up my street. We all like different things .... The dancers were absolutely brilliant and never seemed to put a foot wrong. I only have 2 teensy criticisms. Firstly the bottled water shouldn't be classed as Premium on a drinks package as it's more of a necessity in my opinion, especially in the heat. The tap water was safe to drink but awful tasting. Secondly, tne staff in Horizons bar on the top deck were not as friendly as on the rest of the ship on the 4 occasions I went there for afternoon tea . I would definitely recommend this cruise and would quite happily of stayed on tbe shio forever! Thank you Thompson for a great and unforgettable holiday!

Fabulous

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by 72dextra

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

The dancers were absolutely brilliant and never seemed to put a foot wrong.

72dextra’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Celebration price drops

L shaped cabin with w single beds. Spacious and spotlessly clean with fresh white cotton bedding. Plenty of wardrobe/drawer space. Good big mirrors too. Very happy with it although it is at the front of the ship and a tad 'rocky' but I quite liked that as I wanted to feel I was on a shio not in a hotel so no complaints from me!
  Marella Celebration Deck Plans