• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2015
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This is my 7th ever cruise and 2nd Thomson's. The itinery was Barbados, Tobago, Grenada, St Lucia, Bequia, and Dominica. Only one day at sea compared to many caribbean cruises of 3 days at sea over a week. Thomson's is a mid priced and mid standard cruise. Strengths are the medium to small sized ships, fantastic night show entertainment, good food and service and friendly, unintimidating approach of crew and staff.

I travelled with my 23 year old son in a superior cabin that had two windows, good space, a kettle and a bath. This cost £350 more than the most basic accommodation for a week. In my view worth it, but these cabins can sell fast. For instance, many months ahead all the balcony cabins had sold out. We purchased the £10 drinks each package which was worth it as we reckoned we knocked back £25 worth a day each.

The trips were as usual about twice the price but a lot less hassle than doing your own thing in port. This is a compromise only you can judge. We went walking in a rainforest and saw a big green kingfisher and a bright yellow crab. Not your usual wildlife in Scotland! We went river tubing twice, it was that much fun. We saw Harrison's Caves and St Lucia's amazing Pitons. I visited Carlisle Bay as well. The last three venues had featured on some workout videos I had so I was keen to see them. Thank you Mr Motivator and Kelly McDonald!

Cabin superior

Had two windows, twin bed, a sofa, bath/ shower, kettle, tv.

Find a Marella Celebration Cruise