3. Britannia
This was the first cruise for my partner and I, (if you discount Brittany Ferries to Northern Spain!) The Thomson flight from Gatwick was excellent and we were amazed that the transfer coach met us at the aircraft steps for the journey to the ship. The embarkation procedure took about 25 mins then up to our cabin B 404. This was a superior balcony cabin, not a bad size but a bit smaller in reality than the brochure indicated. Our cabin steward Rasheed did a good job keeping things clean and tidy. We had opted for club dining in the Oriental Restaurant and were very pleased with the quality and choice of food. Our two waiters, Alex and Daryl were fantastic guys and nothing was too much trouble. We only used the Horizon Buffet for a light lunch as it reminded us of Butlins !!. We tried the Sindhu and Epicurean so called select dining experience, wish we had not bothered, although both were beautiful and the service attentive we were both very disappointed. Maybe it was the menu available those evenings, but I found the Sindhu food bland, uninspiring and overcooked. In the Epicurean I chose Wild Boar as a main course , a dish I have enjoyed many times in Spain and Portugal. The Epicurean example was quite frankly Rubbish :- Tough and Totally Overcooked. I wondered if the poor beast had walked all the way from Hampshire!. I was also not the only punter who complained about the dish that night. We enjoyed the entertainment in the Headliners Theatre most nights, The 4 Tunes act being the most memorable. Some previous reviews complained the theatre was too small for the ship's headcount, but we arrived 20 minutes early most nights and always got a good seat. Obviously the Pool areas are never going to be big enough to accommodate 3000 plus passengers on "at sea " days but were OK when we skipped a couple of shore excursion mornings. The main complaint was people reserving sunbeds at 7.00 with towels etc and not turning up till much later, but that happens with selfish Brits on beach holidays too !!! The organised trips we took, Aruba, St Kitts and Grenada were fine if a little pricey, the other times we went ashore we did our own thing. The disembarkation went quite smoothly at the allotted time, pleasantly surprised when all the cases left outside the cabin Friday night arrived at Gatwick ! In summary, would do another Cruise, YES most definitely and have already put a deposit down for the next one.

First Time Cruisers

Britannia Cruise Review by Davey Brown

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

Our cabin steward Rasheed did a good job keeping things clean and tidy.

Davey Brown’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin B404
Cabin was fine. Balcony a bit tight for two people at once. Likewise the bathroom could only be used solo. Plenty of hanging and storage space.