Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by MNPlease

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

I had done a tone or research before we booked the cruise and even more afterwards. I am glad I did as it gave me a lot of insight I am not sure I would have had otherwise.

Awesome tips I got from you guys or things we loved.

1. Getting on the boat early...easy and made the first day fun.

2. Picking out which stateroom. 2010 was great. Yoi were great about sharring what floors would be best for us.

3. The lay of the land..the compass newsletters from previous voyages..these were very helpful! Example: I had seen the room service menu enough times to have a little of it memorized...thankfully because we asked 3 people for a copy of it and each time they just recommended us back to the breakfast room service menu.

4. We really enjoyed coco cay (more than I expected)..so glad we got the excursion that included chairs, floaties, a cabana, fruit plate, ice, and water...and a ride to the location...it was spendid!!

5. Beds were really comfy.

6.All the staff were very nice.

7. Prepay ingredients for parking was super easy!

8. We got the one device wifi code..the nice thing was when I wasn't on the wifi my husband could log on with the passcode.

Things I didn't expect or weren't what I hoped for.

1. I am a foodie..everything is about food... A. The desserts on the ship were soooooo bland that they were really not even edible but they were pretty. B. You know I never ended up eating in my fair lady (to worried that the motion sickness would get me)...we mostly ate at windjammer which even though there was some (maybe a lot of) meh food there was also lots to choose from which always resulted in me finding something I liked. C. The resturant in the solarium was not as exciting as I thought it would be by others feedback but thr Parma ham brie sandwich was pretty darn good. D. The free desserts at Lattudes really were the best on the ship but that isn't saying much.

2. Nausa..my motion sickness was real...not my accupunture ear beads, my dramamine, sea sick bracelets, or my tricks I had heard about not drinking things helped on our first night of sailing and on our night back to por...they were rough seas (I think) and really all that helped was sleeping. Helpful tips..don't try to eat in a chair with others...order in room service. Bring dramamine...it takes the edge off. Book a low room..loved floor 2 fo not being as bouncy on those rough sea days as the upper floors. On the steady sea days I still didn't feel quite right and never got my sea legs but I did feel good enough to leave my bedroom. :)

3. Drinks

We aren't much drinkers and my husband doesnt drink beer or wine but he does like a wiskey every so often so I bought him the top tier liquor package so if he did drink it would be covered. I bought myself the replenishment package...thinking I would have water and tea as my only options otherwise. Both packages were a waste for us. I didn't use my beverage cup even once. There were plenty if drinks for free available during meals or Togo in there plastic cups provided. My husband I think had 4 adult beverages total...and some how they resulted in a total of a $20 charge at the end of the cruise...despite him having a 50 plus dollar drink package daily. Lol..lesson learned. We should have just passed on the drink packages and bought drinks if we wanted them.

4. It was nice that movies played a variety of times but it would have been nice to have more than 3 movies in the rotation.

Not sure if cruising is really for me..we didn't go to any shows.. we didn't play games or drink all we could..and we didn't even make it in the pool but we did have a good time...really all I wanted from the trip was time away alone with my husband and we really enjoyed that part of the trip. Plus we did like that there was always food being served regardless the time of the day, the deck of the ship at night in port was awesome, the beach time perfect, and watching movies on the boat was cool!

Ps. My family is going to try a Europe River Cruise this spring so we will see if that is more our speed.

MNPlease's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin G 2010

We liked the location. The room has 2 port holes instead of a bigger windows. There is a funny ledge near the windows that would be the perfect place for a kiddo to hang out and read books or watch the waves.

Not many chanel on tv but otherwise good room .

Snorkeling

We didn't end up using it.

View All 85 Snorkeling Reviews

It was pretty fun. Fast and a bit odd but enjoyable.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We were happy just driving in and enjoying checking out the boat.

MNPlease