3. Legend of the Seas
Amazing stress free cruise! My husband and I booked a guaranteed inside (the cheapest available) and ended up in room 8013. Being on the 8th deck and right below the pool bar area we thought it was going to be noisy, but it wasn't. The room was spacious, the AC worked great, and we had an awesome room steward! We also luckily got our own table for 2 in the dining room with fantastic waitstaff. We enjoyed the pools and hot tub, as well as the sauna and spa. Since we didn't have a balcony cabin, we had to search around a bit for a peaceful spot to lounge around and sit and read, but we found a nice area on the aft section of the ship just outside the gym/spa area. We found the entertainment all pretty good, with an Asian female band that was truly incredible! The food was all pretty good in the main dining room, but the menus would change slightly from whatever was advertised on the dining touch screen. The lobster dinner was advertised as giant prawn, so I was pretty thrilled when that later was changed to lobster! The buffet had a great breakfast selection, and I could always find something good to eat. The desserts weren't so great with a lot of gelatinous flavorless mounds in pretty shapes. The whole reason we took this cruise was the itinerary! So it was disappointing when we couldn't port in Taiwan. However, the rest of the ports were pretty amazing! Overall the cruise was amazing! Hong Kong: We sent 4 days prior to embarkation here and explored Lantau Island, Tai O, Victoria's Peak and really had a great time. Taxis and public transportation made exploring this city very easy. Manila: We did the Enchanting Hidden Valley Shore Excursion from the ship and we enjoyed it! It was a 2 hour bus trip each way and our guide loved to talk. In fact he couldn't stop, I couldn't believe someone could talk so dramatically for so many hours. I appreciated his enthusiasm for his country but when he started to repeat himself over and over again I found myself hoping he might lose his voice. The Hidden Valley resort was awesome. So many waterfalls and so little time! We quickly ate the lunch which was good and headed to the falls. Beautiful place where we sat right under different waterfalls and just relaxed. I would definitely go back if I ever return to Manila! Boracay: Hired a cycle taxi and headed to station 2 on White Beach. Swam for a while near Willy's Rock and found a nice spa where I got a fantastic massage with scrub and my husband found a beach bar with cold beer and wifi. Perfect day! Puerto Princessa: We got off the ship and hired a cycle taxi for to take us to the Honda Bay Boat hire area where we rented our own boat and told the guide what islands we wanted to go to . The taxi cost us $25 and the boat about $35 -$40. We rented snorkel equipment, and we were off. Cowrie Island was just OK, and in hindsight I would have skipped it. Pandan was really nice, great snorkeling! We were also able to buy some fresh seafood including lobster which they grilled for us for lunch. Starfish Island was nice with huge starfish everywhere. Unfortunately we didn't have time for the other island and reef. Our taxi driver was there waiting for us and brought us back to the ship. This was definitely one of my favorite ports. Kota Kinabalu: We got off the ship, turned right and walked about 15 minutes down the road to the boat taxi/ferry terminal hopped on a water taxi after renting more snorkel equipment and headed to Manuken Island. I snorkeled all day and was just amazed at the pretty coral and colorful fish. There were lot of trees on the beach to just relax under as well! What a pretty place! Brunei: Our least favorite port, but I'm glad to have gone there on a cruise ship as I plan to never return. We grabbed a taxi into town sharing it with another person and paid $10 a person after hard negotiating. We walked to the Mosque and the Royal Regalia Museum, they were ok! Next we hired a boat from the market to take us to the mangroves to look for monkeys and to drop us off at the stilt village of Kampong Ayer. We wandered around and grabbed a water taxi back and went shopping at the mall. We took the bus back to the ship which was cheap but crowded. Singapore: We booked the city tour with airport drop off. It was well done and Singapore is amazing! It was definitely an easy stress-free way to debark the ship, see the city, and get to the airport with minimal stress! Highly recommended.

Amazing Memories on the South China Sea

tammlynn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Superior Interior Stateroom
Cabin J 8013
Spacious, quiet, and comfortable!
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins