Viking Prestige Cruise Review

Viking Prestige Cruise Review by lindathibeault

• Sail Date: Sep 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Single Stateroom

This was my first river cruise. I had never been to Europe. I had to go by myself as my friends could not afford the cost. I felt I got my money's worth and more.

From the minute we landed in Germany I had no trouble locating the cruise staff. The bus ride to the ship in Passau was very smooth and I enjoyed seeing the country side.

I found the staff on board very impressive. Quite a few of them called me by my name and always spoke.

Since I was alone I had a single cabin. I am a tall person and was concerned about the bed which was a pull out couch. The crew went out of their way to make sure I had another mattress put on the couch which was very comfortable.

I thoroughly enjoyed the port excursions. The travel guides were very informative. I loved the history and the scenery.

I had been concerned about the food but it was very much to my liking. The wait staff were very good and attentive.

The diembarkation was very efficient and I had no trouble.

I would highly recommend this as a form of travel. I probably will not go on the large cruises again as I found this to be a very gentle and peaceful way to travel.

lindathibeault's Full Rating Summary

Single Stateroom
Cabin CS 226

Very nice room with a large window over looking the water. The maid was very congenial and made the trip special. Room was not overly large but I was by myself so did not need a lot of room.

lindathibeault