3. Anthem of the Seas
I am a totally inexperienced cruiser, I had never stepped foot on a vessel of this size before Nov 22nd. I learned one thing right away, never sail on a new ship with new technology...needless to say, maybe automation isn't the way to go right now. Check-In: the system crashed..need I say more.. WOW bands: should really be called underwow bracelets, lets just say they worked only occasionally at best, I had to go to guest services numerous times to have my band "reset." Royal IQ app: pay 14.95 per device and have it tell you more times that not, unable to deliver text message..I got my money back for the one, since the feature was terrible. This WOW experience is a great concept, but hasn't come together yet. Guest Relations: I was going to start tell wait staff that my room was in guest services, since I spent more time there, then anywhere else on the boat. Due to the fact that I was so displeased with my experience on this boat, I went to guest relations (after being stuck in the elevator) and demanded my prepaid gratuities back, yea not going to happen for 7-10 business days. So for anyone 1st time cruisers reading this...do not pay your gratuities up front (12.95 per person per day) for our 4 people for 8 days totally $414.40. Next time I will tip as I go...give it to services that deserve it. Service: I will be nice here.... Positives: IFLY-H2O (yes his name) was AWESOME!! the highlight of my boat experience. I will say, being forced to be disconnected from the stressers of work and real life I enjoyed tremendously, and I would do it again....This experience is not going to deter me from cruising again. I see the potential of how awesome it can be. I recommend doing the classic dining, dynamic dining isn't fixed yet...they messed up so many reservation, I can't even begin to go into detail with that one. Staterooms: (we had a balcony fl 13) we had 4 people 2 adults 1 14yr old 1 6 yr old, and it was tight I have to be honest, the balcony was awesome, when going out to the balcony and you looked you the "H" from anthem was directly over your head, which I found cool...Our cabin stew..not the best, actually not great at all..my bathroom was always dirtier then when he got there, he never wiped down the counter, and there was filth behind the toilet by the toilet brush...yea I wasn't happy

1st time cruiser; left a lot to be desired.

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by maidenvoyage15

• Sail Date: November 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas

Check-In: the system crashed..need I say more..

Service: I will be nice here....

maidenvoyage15’s Full Rating Summary