MSC Preziosa Cruise Review

MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by naomigrey

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

This was one of the best weeks of my life and I didn't want to get off the Preziosa. MSC are one of the best value cruise lines for solo travellers which is why I initially chose this cruise. The staff were outstanding, friendly and professional. The food was amazing with a lot of choice in both the buffet and dining rooms. The shows each night were fabulous with excellent dancers, gymnasts, juggler, strongmen and contortionists. The entertainment team were fantastic and I had a wonderful time at the quizzes and dance lessons.

The public areas were very opulent. There were too many lounges and bars to count. I had an inside room at the back of the ship and it was spacious, quiet, and had a really comfortable bed and I slept really well. The shore tours and transfers were a little expensive and I mostly used independent transfers or tours or walked around independently. The view arriving into a new port most mornings was something I will never forget. I can't wait to book another cruise!

naomigrey's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom

Genoa

Beautiful city and you can just walk around independently.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

I should have taken a tour to Rome as Civitavecchia was dirty.

Palermo (Sicily)

Beautiful city. You can walk around on your own easily. It us 4km to the centre if you are feeling energetic and it's scenic on the way, otherwise take the MSC transfer offered.

Barcelona

Great commentary and can get on and off as much as you like.

Marseille

The city centre is 8km away and MSC provide an expensive transfer, but you can walk 1km and then catch the free #35 public bus which takes you part way to the city, where you can then walk or catch paid public buses easily.

naomigrey