3. Oasis of the Seas
My parents took my family on the Oasis so we could spend Thanksgiving together. I've never had much of an interest in cruising, and my husband was a little concerned about feeling "stuck" in the middle of the sea with a crowd of 5000 other people, so we were hesitant at first. All of our fears were unfounded. The ship was lovely, and never felt crowded, even though this was supposedly a very full holiday cruise. There were a lot of kids, but since I have kids, I didn't mind it. I found the rooms to be bigger than I expected, though ours over the Boardwalk was a little noisy during the Aquatheater shows. The shows were great-- our favorite was the ice-skating show. We also loved Come Fly With Me. The Headliner was great and called our kids up for a hug! CATS was weird, but since we were in the front row, my kids loved when the performers would play with their shoes. I was a little nervous about spending too much on extras, so we decided not to get a drink package at first. I'm happy to say, we didn't need it! There was plenty of orange juice and iced tea to drink, and the water was fine. We had a couple drinks each day, but not enough to justify the cost of the package. I am glad we did it that way, or else we'd probably have had quite a different experience, constantly searching around for where our next drink would come from. IN addition, we ate in the main dining room every night and did not get any specialty meals-- I can't even imagine eating at a specialty place now because the food in the MDR was WONDERFUL. And I am very picky! The service was incredible. My parents have eaten at Chops before and say it's not worth the extra fee. I thought I might disagree with them, but nope. They're right. Plus, I'd hate to miss a night with my favorite servers, who I already miss. ;) We found we did not need an excursion at Labadee-- it's a great time to just hang on the beach and enjoy the great food at the buffet. But we did do the Green Grotto and Dunn's River Falls excursion in Falmouth. Our guide was amazing, giving us bits of history, and both places were enjoyable. Though the falls were crowded, my family had SO MUCH FUN climbing. Even my 6 year old loved it, though the guide actually carried her part of the way (she's cute so he couldn't resist). We also did the Dolphin encounter in Chankanaab which was PERFECT for the whole family, from age 6 to 75. We all got in the water and got to kiss the dolphins, then spent time snorkeling in the ocean and swimming in the pool. There was also an AMAZING tequila tasting there, which resulted in us feeling pretty good, and a nice sea lion show. The only thing I didn't like about it was that the photos were too expensive-- we didn't buy any. I'm so happy we went on this vacation-- it's probably the greatest one I've ever been on. Just having the opportunity to do trivia with my dad or hang on the beach with my mom and the rest of the family... I feel like it brought us closer together. And that's amazing.

Fantastic

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Ginny Favers

Ginny Favers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Nice cabin, kept very clean by the staff (Kelvin). Did not like the noise sometimes from the Aquatheater, but other than that, I had no complaints. I liked the location and being able to see down onto the Boardwalk (and also the ocean aft of the ship).
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans