3. Costa Favolosa
In an effort to make this fair, I'm going to provide both the positives and the negatives...My last experience with Costa, almost 10 years ago was an unequivocal success. But this experience was incomparable, failing in almost every aspect.. POSITIVES: 1. Embarkation/disembarkation was relatively smooth 2. Waitstaff friendly 3. Excellent sugar-free desserts NEGATIVES 1. No hot food in the buffet. 2. No soft drinks at the buffet - The sign said that maintenance on ALL the pop machines was being carried out - this lasted all cruise. If this is fact than hire better technicians. And give passengers soft drinks from the bar. I doubt it was fact as each soft drinks COST(Y)A. 3. We had to pay for water and coffee/tea in the dining room at lunch. COST(Y)A 4. Lunch was served mess hall style at lunch but still took 1.5 hrs 5. There was NO coffee/tea served at dinner. If you wanted you PAID. COST(Y)A 6. Dinner took 2+ hours for 4 courses. 7. At least half of the dinner options available had previously been frozen. Not what i expected... 8. You could not take out your unfinished water bottles away after dinner. 9. At some point in the evening, the water dispensers were closed. If you wanted water you had to pay!! COST(Y)A 10. Food was EXTREMELY SALTY - Had to request salt free, but food was still average 11. We had a clogged toilet or shower - 4 times during the week. Once happening early morning so I had to go find a toilet in my pajamas 12. Entertainment was so loud, I had to leave. On a scale of 1-10, it was a seven. I expected more and entertainment of a better quality. 13. Took my passport at embarkation without an explanation. 14. Discussion with customer service was not acceptable. They were rude, unhelpful and condescending. 15. Refused room service after the first day because of an issue, but still had to pay. 16. Photographers descended on us at every opportunity disrupting dinner conversation. 17. Had to pay for movies. COST(Y)A 18. Rope instead of handles - What purpose does this serve except to make it difficult to open and hurt your hand? 19. Tried to sell us Chocolates at dinner for Euro 1.80? Instead of giving it to us complimentary after all the money we had spent 20. Games were contrived and the prize - a Costa hat... 21. WiFi was 20+ Euros per hour onboard. We have heard that Costa blocked reception at port. COST(Y)A 22. The price of a return rail ticket Civitavechia - Rome Termini at the Costa excursion desk was 45 Euro. Buying it at the rail station was 10 Euro. Furthermore buying the earlier tickets online was all sold out - I have a feeling Costa bought all those tickets ahead of the cruise to ensure they could resell them to the cruise "suckers". COST(Y)A In total it was such a money grab that it was distasteful. From the beginning, I felt so violated, I vowed not to give Costa a single solitary cent besides what I had already paid. And I lived up to that commitment. I drank lovely wine and enjoyed wonderful lunches when I disembarked. Now that Carnival has bought out Costa, don't expect anything different anytime soon. Caveat Emptor and don't forget - ITS GONNA COST(Y)A

It's gonna cost(y)a.

1. Embarkation/disembarkation was relatively smooth

2. Waitstaff friendly

3. Excellent sugar-free desserts

NEGATIVES

1. No hot food in the buffet.

3. We had to pay for water and coffee/tea in the dining room at lunch. COST(Y)A

4. Lunch was served mess hall style at lunch but still took 1.5 hrs

5. There was NO coffee/tea served at dinner. If you wanted you PAID. COST(Y)A

6. Dinner took 2+ hours for 4 courses.

8. You could not take out your unfinished water bottles away after dinner.

13. Took my passport at embarkation without an explanation.

17. Had to pay for movies. COST(Y)A

20. Games were contrived and the prize - a Costa hat...

Caveat Emptor and don't forget - ITS GONNA COST(Y)A