3. River Duchess
There a number of things that disappointed us in regards to this last cruise with Uniworld First they never told we needed to call Austria Airlines and Air Canada for seat reservations. United did not understand our confirmation numbers for our flight and after some discussion we were give the necessary numbers to call for seat reservations. Itinerary invoice given to us told us we had a United flight at O’Hare airport we were never told to go to the international terminal, therefore we got out at Terminal 1, United, and then told to go to Terminal 5 international for our departure. We needed to trek all our luggage to that terminal. The flight to Istanbul we did not get business class and was told they had none, but when we got on the plane they indeed did have business class. We booked business on all the flights to and from for this trip. There were only two gentle walking excursions on this trip and it was hard for not only us but a number of others to keep up with the land tour guides. There are many opportunities to get closer to museums and other places which would have accommodate the gentle walkers but they were not used. The food was boring after the first few days and there was a lack of flavoring in the food, it was not at the same level of previous Uniworld cruises. In Istanbul at the Intercontinental Hotel my wife fell and hit her head on the floor, the staff was very attentive, they sent a "Doctor" to our room, but would not acknowledge the incident when I asked for a written report of the incident. When we told the Uniworld agent about the incident he said it was the first he heard of it and that was that. The Intercontinental hotel room was not very clean, the carpet had not been vacuumed and we called several times for them to clean which they never did. Waiting for our transport to the Istanbul no Uniworld agent was on duty to assure us of the arrival of the van, we had to keep asking the doorman about the van. On the boat I saw the doctor twice, at 50 euros each time, Uniworld never asked if I had their insurance or provided any paperwork. The doctor gave me a receipt after having asked for it at the Uniworld desk several times. The doctor told me to not ask the staff about it anymore. The visa service given to Uniworld did not process the visa information correctly and delayed our entry into Turkey at a cost of 25 euros. The visa company did refund their cost and visa fee.

Disappointment on the Eastern Uniworld Danube Cruise