3. Norwegian Epic
We are a family of four with 7-8 previous cruises under our belts (all on Carnival). I was lured with BOGO deal, UBP, on board credit and the itinerary. I felt Carnival has gotten predictable and boring and I was looking for a relaxed but new experience. NCL delivered. We loved the freestyle concept and the options for dining. We did not do any specialty restaurants, but we had plenty of choices without those. Received an upsell to the Haven just 3 days prior to embarkation. WOW-2 bedroom/2 bath suite with Butler and conceirge service. No waiting in lines, additional dining room in the Haven area, our own hots tubs, steam rooms, sauna, gym etc. It was fantastic. It will make regular balcony rooms on any line a let down from now on! UBP was awesome. I loved not worrying about my account and left the ship owing ZERO! Ship is large and has so many options for things to do. A November cruise to Western Med does not allow for much use of pools, slides, etc. but there were a few hearty souls out there. My 17 yr old did climb rock wall and attended some teen club (Entourage) activities. She's a bit of a cynic, but overall, had a good time at the events she participated in. Food was ok...not great, not bad, just ok. Service staff (bartenders, wait staff) were pleasant, but not very engaging. We are used to making buddies with at least a couple of staff members during our trips and we tip them generously-unable to do that on this trip as most would not even make eye contact. Itinerary is great but exhausting. Travel from port to sights requires additional transportation and expense. We knew this and factored it in, but the process was not always easy (shuttles, buses, trains). We did enjoy our ports of call immensely and I would do them again. Entertainment on this ship was leaps and bounds above anything I've seen on Carnival. Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Burn the Floor were both outstanding. Huge ship but it never felt crowded. I'm already looking forward to my next NCL cruise!

An Epic Adventurel; Western Med.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by delluser

delluser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Deluxe Owner's Suite
Cabin H2 16003
2 bedroom, 2 bath. Master bath was enormous with full size garden tub, separate shower with rain head, body jets and hand held wand. Double sinks and additional makeup area with magnifying mirror.
Couch, chairs and dining set in main part of cabin. Bar area, mini-fridge, Nespresso maker with supplies (coffee, creamers, sugar).
3 televisions, dvd players.
This cabin is forward facing. It has a completely enclosed balcony with 2 windows that open. We called it more of a solarium than a balcony. Very quiet location. Would choose it again for sure!
Deck 17 Suite Cabins