3. Celebrity Constellation
This Thanksgiving cruise was a first for my husband and myself... And, it was wonderful! First off, the ship exceeded a lot of my expectations. It is well maintained and extremely clean. It was easy to get around and easy to find a place to suite almost any mood. While it may not have all the bells and whistles of newer ships, it is comfortable and welcoming. Also, there was a lot going on around the ship all the time. While the activities weren't 100% on point for our interests, we usually found something that we enjoyed. Some of the highlights for us were a talk about building of Solstice class ships (by the Captain), shows with Gareth Oliver (from Britain's Got Talent) and the ship's aerialists. Also enjoyable was BINGO, not something we'd typically participate in, but a lot of fun due to the Activities staff. We ate mainly in Blu. The food was incredible every single meal. The portions were small enough to make the four courses manageable and there was rarely a bit of food left on our plates. Also, the service was wonderful. The maitre de greeted us by name after only two meals and the servers were helpful, friendly and funny. I loved eating in Blu and think it is an amazing perk of Aqua class. The ports were interesting. In Cozumel, we toured the island's Mayan ruins and visited the Mayan Cacao Company. This was a great excursion, which we followed up with lunch and shopping in town. Key West included a Snuba excursion and then exploration of Duval Street. We booked everything through Celebrity and the experiences were excellent. Finally, getting on and off the ship was quick and easy. We were at the port very early due to our morning flight and baggage claiming processes all going ahead of schedule. But, we were able to start check-in pretty soon after arrival and got on to the ship with very little waiting. We self-disembarked and it went very smoothly as well. We sailed out of and returned to Terminal 4, which was bright, clean and run in an organized fashion.

Great first cruise!

BurghMLR’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A2 9065
The shower was wonderful and the balcony was great for enjoying the sights going into port or just watching the ocean roll by. There was a ton of storage all over the room, including the bathroom. I was able to find a place for everything we packed. The location is right across from a storage room, so there is a lot of movement/noise at all times. We weren't in our cabin a lot and I didn't find it extremely loud, but I can see how it might annoy light sleepers. They offered canapes each day, but we never planned to be in the cabin during the afternoon, so we didn't try them. We did get ice every day, where we were able to keep bottles of water and our sparkling water extremely cold. Overall, I really liked the room. This was our first cruise, so I don't have anything to compare it to... but, especially with the perk of eating at Blu in mind, I'd definitely be willing to pay extra for another Aqua class cabin in the future.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Mayan Ruins
    This was a perfect half day excursion highlighting some of the island's most interesting sites. We saw the Mayan ruins at San Gervasio, stopped for photos at a beach outlook and got to sample chocolate at the Mayan Cacao Company. It was informative, fun and left us time to explore downtown in the afternoon.
    View All 377 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    We sailed out of and returned to Terminal 4. Everything was bright, clean and well organized. The staff made it easy for two first time cruisers to get through all of the various check-in steps.
    View All 1,956 Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) Cruise Port Review
  • Snuba
    So much fun! Everyone on the boat was friendly and informative about snuba and Key West in general. I felt safe the entire time. The wind was extremely strong that day, so we went to a more sheltered site and visibility wasn't great... But, even with the cloudy water, this was an amazing experience and I'd love to do it again.