Crystal Serenity Cruise Review

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by Tradester

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

My first Crystal Cruise last May was a disaster.

1. We had 8 people at our table and the servers were definitely overworked. The food preparation was great, buy the meal was most often cold. We had one breakfast in the main dining room and it was room temperature. We went to the buffet after that.

2. Our mattress was horrible. There were two twin mattresses pushed together and both had a big depression in the middle. It was like having a bunting board between us. We complained and they put a foam topper on the beds. This didn't help at all. After a couple of days, I saw them loading new mattresses on the ship. I asked to have ours replaced, but were told that they were for the penthouses.

3. The wifi at $55/two hours was absolutely worthless. I couldn't send anything with an attachment or a photo or even a normal email. Downloading one email could take ten or fifteen minutes. They shouldn't charge for a worthless product.

4. I filled out the questionnaire after the cruise, but never heard a word from Crystal. Tauck would contact you immediately to correct any problems.

5. For the price that we paid, I would expect everything to be first class. We would be hard pressed to ever sail on Crystal again. I know that Crystal has their loyal customers, but they didn't shine for us. Oceania was definitely a better cruise experience.

Tradester's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin B1 8055

Mattresses were horrible. Otherwise the cabin okay.

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

Hired a car and driver went to Cannes and Eza to France two days on our own.

Lisbon

The Palace trip and the return along the coast were excellent. I just wished that we had an extra day to spend some time in Lisbon.

Gibraltar

Four of us hired a taxi to take us to the top. Buses don't go all the way to the top. The vistas were breathtaking.

Tradester