3. Celebrity Constellation
This was my first experience with Celebrity and I was a little leery given many of the reviews I had read about Celebrity and their decline in service over the years. But the price was right so my husband and I decided to give them a try. We were not disappointed. In fact, it may have been one of the nicest cruise experiences I've ever had. That's saying a lot since we just cruised with RCCL back in July out of Barcelona. First, many of the reviews complaining about the age of the ship (Constellation) and various signs of wear need to stop being so darn picky. The ship was elegant and understated...meaning there were no grandiose displays competing for your attention. Our embarkation was flawless. We checked in and boarded ship in about 15 minutes. We were greeted with champagne once on board. There were tables set up for those who wanted to book an excursion, purchase a drink package, or make a dinner reservation. We do not ordinarily purchase a drink package but in this case, it was included with the price of the trip. We upgraded to the Premium package for $100 total and never had to worry about the price of a drink. I actually liked the drink package because there were several occasion when I ordered a drink that I ended up not liking. I didn't feel like I HAD to drink it in order to get my money's worth. We were never hounded to upgrade, purchase a spa treatment, or visit a specialty restaurant...all of which seemed to be issues for other reviewers of this ship. Our stateroom was in the aquaclass on deck 9. (9056) to be exact. We never heard any noise from above and there is nobody across the hall either. The cabin is small for sure...but adequate for a 5 night cruise. The balcony was very nice and had an overhang which protected us from the elements and flying cigarettes. The room was always cool and clean. Champagne was delivered on embarkation day and ice was always in the ice bucket. We did not use the pillow menu. I didn't care for the hair dryer so next time I would take my own. The entertainment each night was great...except the comedian on night one. But comedy is very subjective to the individual so I'm not complaining. There were several bands and soloists located in various venues throughout the ship. We enjoyed this very much. This ship does not offer a lot for kids under the age of 18. There is no putt putt or climbing wall...Frankly, I enjoyed the mature crowd. The casino is on the small side but there were always plenty of games available for play. The food was fantastic! We ate dinner each night in the Blu dining room. I have absolutely no complaints about the food. It was rich and filling and offered a nice variety. We even tried frog legs...guess what? They taste like chicken. My favorite place on the ship was the solarium. It has plenty of deck seating with cushioned chairs near the windows and around the pool. The thalasotherapy pool was amazing! This area of the ship is near the spa and has easy access to the Turkish bath, sauna, and heated therapy benches. This was a nice treat. My experience with Celebrity is one that I will talk about with friends and family. I highly recommend if you like understated sophistication. Those reviewers who wrote about worn carpeting or tears in the bed skirts were in my opinion looking for something to complain about in the place of expressing gratitude for the hard work and efforts of the cruise line to serve the customer.

Wonderful Cruise Vacation!

Georgia_Peaches’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Aqua Class Balcony
Cabin A2 9056
Nice but on the small side. Plenty of storage in the closet and in the bathroom. No noise could be heard from the sides or from above. Door handle to the balcony is a little tricky. We locked ourselves out and had to call for help from a fellow passenger a few balconies away. Bedding was comfortable and very clean. The room had a pleasant spa scent. We did not get daily tea but that's not something we wanted anyway.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins