3. Norwegian Sun
This was my 3rd NCL cruise and my least favorite ship. There were 5 in our group sharing the rear facing suite and the adjoining stateroom next door. This was an older, much smaller ship and the rooms are much smaller comparatively. The food was not as good as on previous cruises. The buffet was boring and the hot foods were usually cold and the salads were warm. The dining room food was good most of the time but desserts were a disappointment and the food service was extremely slow. That said, the Ports of call made for an excellent itinerary. We booked private tours as much as possible to save money and have more flexibility during our excursions. We enjoyed almost all of the ship entertainment and spent a lot of our free time hanging out in the casino. We had priority embarkation so we didn't experience the long process that some of the travelers did but even so it seemed pretty disorganized. I do love the relaxed atmosphere on NCL and the variety of people you meet are always the highlight of the cruise.

San Diego to Santiago Cruise on the NCL Sun

OregonSolo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Aft-Facing Mini-Suite
Cabin M1 8077
The beds were comfortable but the sofa bed was hard like sleeping on the ground. The shower was cramped and the bath tub was a waste of space that could have been used for a larger shower and closet space.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins