Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

Great cruise, but disappointed in excursions.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by efinzo

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

The Navigator was a wonderful ship. I love the larger ships with a promenade. We were in a balcony cabin D2-9252 which was roomy and plenty of storage. We also loved the location and easy access to everywhere we wanted to go. The ship offered many classes from making pasta to making sushi. We did take the sushi class it was great and then we got to eat our creations. Every night I would devour the cruise compass to plan for the next day. I didn't want to miss anything on-board. There were plenty of activities day and night. The Quest was hilarious.

We took early dining at 6pm if I had to do it again I think I would prefer my time dining. I found it was a little rushed to get there for 6 especially if you were on a tour. But we had fabulous table mates that I looked forward to seeing every night. Since we traveled alone we were able to meet so many wonderful and interesting people at Breakfast and lunch where the dining room encouraged table sharing.

The headliner entertainment was fabulous. Ice show awesome. Even the smaller bar/lounges offered great bands. Two Poets offered a guitar player/singer that we closed every night. Our first stop in Labadee was great, we were there last year too and loved it. A perfect/scenic beach location.

My only complaint is in the excursions. In St Kitts we took Scenes of St Kitts $45.75 because our originally booked tour was cancelled at the last minute. The tour bus was very small and unfortunately we were the last two to board so we had to sit separately (single seats were on one side) and we had the two front single seats. Bob had to climb over the bus mechanical compartment (which I could not do) and I had to sit sideways the whole trip. Not an inch offered for your feet. Even the couple in the double seat next to me had to sit sideways. AWFUL! Don't expect to see a botanical garden as advertised, I have more flowers in my yard. For the price would expect to at least have a decent seat.

Then in St.Maarten, We took Magical highlights tour for $95.75. A catamaran tour & trip to Marigot. Again on a small bus. No joke the aisle was about 4 inches wide and I had to displace all my internal organs to get thru. If you weight more than 150 lbs or had a pot belly this was not the bus for you. The catamaran ride was a huge disappointment. Every stop was torture to get off. I know we like the security of RCCL tours but tours offered off the ship that my table mates took were only $20 in St Kitts, including beer/drinks and $40 in St. Maarten. They followed the same tour route but didn't include the boat ride which would have been just fine. Their buses were roomy and comfortable. So I would definitely rethink booking RCCL tours.

Disembarkation was very easy and well organized. I loved the ship and services and attention was superb. My only issue was tours. They need to be careful what tour operators they choose.

efinzo's Full Rating Summary

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 9252

Our cabin was very comfortable with loads of storage. Full length sofa to stretch out on. Balcony was perfect for the two of us and we enjoyed breakfast out there a couple of mornings. Our cabin attendant was awesome. We think our location was perfect especially after the evening shows. If I could afford a suite it would be great, but this cabin was perfect for us.

San Juan

Tour provided a good overview of San Juan. Saw the beautiful capitol building and San Cristobal fortress. Worth the money $40

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

There was No botanical garden and no Photographers dream trust me. Romney Manor was just ok

Island tour

Scenes of St Kitts tour $$45.75 we took this tour as our scheduled tour to Nevis was cancelled at the last minute. The bus was awful had to sit sideways the whole tour absolutely no leg room. seating was two on one side and singles on the other. Unfortunately we got the two front singles, Bob had to cluib over the mechanical compartment to get to his seat and I had absolutely no room for my feet and had to sit sideways. The botanical garden didn't exist. I don't know how they can advertise "a photographers dream" maybe it was a nightmare. The home was interesting enough and so was the ride but other than that Not worth it, and off the ship tours were $20

View All 293 Island tour Reviews
Catamaran Tour

The first part of Magical Highlights tour is the catamaran ride. It was a huge disappointment. We saw the same scenery as we did entering the port with the ship. It was boring and uneventful. Then we boarded the smallest tour bus I have ever seen. Then isle was about 4 inches wide and embarrassing. If you have a belly you had to displace all your internal organs to get down the isle. If you were lucky to be first on the bus maybe you would be ok. for $95.75 I did not expect to be so uncomfortable. I am a bit overweight but not FAT. Every time we stopped it was torture to get on and off the bus. And we had some sizable passengers. The shopping in Marigot was only 1 hr and too short.

View All 92 Catamaran Tour Reviews
Island Tour

The island tour was ok, but our guide was awful. She would say on the left is ...but it was really on the right so we would miss it.

View All 437 Island Tour Reviews
St. Maartan Airport Tour

Bus driver included this part in our tour and it was fun to see.

View All 117 St. Maartan Airport Tour Reviews