Arcadia Cruise Review

Great first cruise

Arcadia Cruise Review by The Dams

• Sail Date: Nov 2015
  • Destination: Canary Islands

We really didn't know what to expect as this as our first cruise but have no complaints really as we thought it was wonderful and service very good at all times. The decor was fine and we are shocked by some peoples comments about The Arcada as it hasn't been our experience at all. The choice of food was excellent wherever on the ship we chose to eat and our cabin was kept beautifully clean.

We joined in many activities and found everybody friendly but it has to be said some people are not happy unless they are complaining about something especially their experiences on other ships which made me wonder why they chose to come on this one!!!

The evening entertainment was really good most nights especially The Headliners ( Oh Billy you were fantastic) and comedian Mickey zany.

Waiters in Meridian were fantastic and service first class and we were treated like royalty in the Meridian by Jessel and Rinson and our wine waiter Veineeth and the waiters all sang to us on our birthdays and anniversary which a lovely touch.

The captain had a lovely voice and we looked forward to his announcements each day which were informative and friendly and he sent me a card on my birthday too!

Photographers were always about if you wanted your photo taken but we did feel the prices were too expensive and had they been cheaper I'm sure both myself and others would buy more.

All in all this was a lovely cruise and we and my brother and sister in law enjoyed it immensely.

The Dams's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside cabin G75

We were pleased to have more room than expected and plenty of hanging space. it was fine for us and kept clean and the toiletries were really nice in the bathroom too.

The Dams