3. Azamara Journey
Maybe my expectations were too high. Having cruised Oceania and Regent as well as many other lines, I was under the impression Azamara was 6 star. Embarkation and disembarkation were efficient and painless The staff were lovely, and very helpful , trying to sort out problems they didnt have the resources to. The entertainment was very limited, a guitarist, a pianist, the evening shows. What there was was good to excellent, though some evenings there was only one show and the theater could not hold everyone who wanted to be there. The food had very limited choice and was unimaginative (although the menu suggested otherwise!) my Gin Fizz Prawn Cocktail was 3 big prawns on lettuce with the usual sauce. when I asked what was gin fizz about it I was told its very light so you cannot taste it!!!! Just one example. Our room -7008- was so noisy with vibration noise and an unidentifiable banging. often in the middle of the night- 3am i was at reception to complain as i couldnt get through on the phone as reception was busy, i wonder why? They eventually said they couldnt solve the problem and we had the time consuming job of changing cabins. 8030 was quiet.The lighting was so poor in both cabins reading was difficult ,you had to angle your book/device to catch the light. Maybe i need a backlit kindle! We will go back to Oceania for good value and excellent food.

Disappointed

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by restful

Embarkation and disembarkation were efficient and painless

We will go back to Oceania for good value and excellent food.
restful’s Full Rating Summary