3. Disney Wonder
We've cruised Carnival more than 10 times, NCL 8 times and others have been Regency 2X, Celebrity 2X, Royal Carribbean, Uniworld, Princess, HCA and several other lines for more than 30 total. By far, this was the best food (although Uniworld was close) for the dining rooms than any of the others. Tenderloin steaks on six outa seven nights and strip the other. No extra charges for great dining room food like the other lines are doing and even then it is usually not restaurant quality. The lunch buffet had large shrimp every day and oysters and crab legs on the final day. The only food complaint would be the meat in the hamburgers - it didn't have good mouth feel and no flavor. Carnival's Guy Fieri's Burger Joint hands down is the best burger at sea, but you're also getting about 2,000 calories if you load it. We were in a 5A balcony which had more storage than we needed and that has never happened even in suite categories on other lines. Biggest help there is the well designed beds which allow full size suitcases to be easily stored underneath, instead of trying to cram them in the closets. The entertainment wouldn't be for everyone, but it is Disney and the shows' props, entertainners, music, seating were Broadway class. Just amazing but that's what you expect from DCL. The theaters are great because there are no bad seats. Unlike the other lines where you lose a large amount of visibility behind floor to ceiling columns. Disney's columns are all on the outside of the seating areas. A tip on embarkation, you may think you want to be first to board, well you'll stand or sit in lines til your number is caused. We chose late boarding 1:30 so we could see the sights in Galveston. We got to the port at 1:50 and had been to our cabin and to the buffet line at 2:10. No lines boarding or at the buffet. That would be the last time that happened, but it made for a nice experience. There is so little time at the ports except for Castaway Cay, we didn't book any excursions. Some folks complain about the time ashore, I thought it was great - more time cruising and that's why I came. The service in the restaurants and our room steward were as good as any have been even the expensive Regents. The Wonder was all decked in Christmas pagentry and it was beautiful. There were several holiday activities along with more things than we could do. There was always some musical entertainment during dining times so for those of us who eat late, we didn't have to sit around our cabin with nothing going on in the whole ship. The only problem was the liquor policy. I booked when you were allowed to bring what you could carry in your carry-on. It was changed two months before our cruise to two bottles of wine or a six pack of beer per person. I don't drink beer or wine and so this upset me. I got over it, but had thought about canceling. Disney is serious about it's policy. It confiscated 2 one ounce bottles of rum and a one ounce bottle of Crown in my checked bag. REALLY.

First DCL cruise won't be the last

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by mimimacaw