3. Legend of the Seas
We booked an Accessible Oceanview cabin Deck 3 (3550). We knew we could be moved if someone with greater needs needed it but that didn't happen. We were told the cabin didn't have a fridge which I needed for medication but it actually did as it was bolted in!! When we arrived, the heating was turned up high and it took several days to get it back down to normal. Plus the fridge had someone elses food in it so that seemed to indicate the cabin hadn't been attended to for quite some time. When we asked for it to be down it took several hours for him to come back and do it. The cabin was very spacious and comfortable except the bed was very low and mattress very hard. I knew they had loaded new mattresses in S'pore so I requested a new mattress or a cabin move and was told 'ship full, can't move you and no mattresses available'. However, our cabin attendant put on a few extra doonas underneath and that solved the problem to a certain extent. The bathroom was also spacious but the shower was a tiny rectangle with a pull-down wooden seat. I fail to understand why they didn't at least make the shower curtain rail wider so it made the whole shower bigger. As it was, you had to leave the curtain open so you could move around in the shower, and then meant flooded floors. The large window was dirty and you could hardly see out of. The ship is old and looks it. I knew it had been re-fitted so I expected better. We are both quite large people and I found all the chairs everywhere somewhat of a challenge as they were mostly narrow tub chairs with a plastic covering you stick to, and all very low which I have trouble getting out of (even the row for Disabled in the Theatre were the same). The Disabled public toilets were also very low which was surprising as they are higher in the cabins for ease of access. The fact there are no toilets on Deck 4 where the restaurants, bars and casino are is a mystery. You certainly are in a pickle if you need one in a hurry!! And the one I used on Deck 5 was filthy. The cleaner was just coming out and I asked him if he'd finished and he said yes he had just checked them. When I went in the toilet was so filthy I walked out again. he obviously had just signed his name on the check list. They should also put in hand sanitisers in the loos. The entertainment was laughable - 2nd rate performers at best. There was 1 singer who shone and a Chinese group of lady musicians who were amazing - the rest was rubbish. 3rd rate magic acts and Beatles cover bands that wouldn't even get past the auditions for X Factor. The music in the general areas didn't "flow" and you were left there wondering what to do next. We liked the Schooner Bar but the pianist was atrocious. His playing was OK but he didn't know the words to the songs and we only spent about half an hour in there and that was enough. The Anchors Away Lounge is also a nice theatre style lounge which they don't utilise enough - they have Bingo and Trivia and other such rubbish in it. The in-cabin TV was also a laugh. One channel with their daily morning news etc, 2 channels of Next Cruise promos, several channels urging you to Buy, Buy, Buy, several cartoon and foreign channels and a channel showing B&W old movies (really!!). The Movies shown on deck were all old and the only current one Jurassic World was shown in the Theatre. The food was pretty good in the main dining room. What we found annoying was the fact that the meal often didn't equate to the description on the menu. When I mentioned this I was told it was too hard to change thousands of menus. My point is that when you order something, you expect it to look like what you order. I ordered a tack in a "crisp tortilla" which was actually a limp and soggy enchilada with dry overcooked fish. Once we ordered samosas and got Spring Rolls saying they'd run out!! Why couldn't the waiter have told you that when he took the order? What else was really grating was the waiters constantly being so polite and smarmy it was really off-putting and asking you to review their service. It was obvious they were after a big tip at the end. We had lobster one night which was amazing. We even got a 2nd one!! However, if you ask for this specifically you have to pay! Even in Chops Grille where you pay about US$35pp, if you want seafood you have to pay an extra amount on top. We didn't go to Windjammer unless we had to. We found it crowded, service was poor, food barely adequate We didn't buy a drinks package as it was all too pricey. To get an all-inclusive premium one was US$64pp. Seeing that we were in port 7 out of 10 days I didn't think we'd drink anywhere near that amount and I was right. A btl wine with dinner started from US$28, beer was $6, wine $9/glass and cocktails from $10 Ship excursions were all too pricey and we only did the Manila one which was a waste of money. All we saw was 2 old churches, an old fort, a lot of traffic thru dirty dusty streets and not much else. Most of our tours we self-booked thru the Roll Calls which were a huge saving and a great way to meet our fellow cruisers. Service was extremely good. Personally I wouldn't go on 'Legend' again as I found it too restrictive. I have previously sailed Rhapsody and felt the same thing though not as bad as this one. I'm sure the bigger ships would be really good though I can't get around them too well.

Disappointing

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by downunderOz

• Sail Date: October 2015
  • Destination: Asia

downunderOz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas price drops

Accessible Oceanview - spacious cabin with large window (dirty), comfortable 2 person sofa. Ours did have a fridge in though we were told it didn't - however, the fridge hadn't been cleaned out as it had someone's food in it!! The air cond had also been turned up high heat which also indicated the room hadn't even been entered since the previous cruise as it was a really hot day and took several days to cool down. large bathroom but tine rectangular shower space with curtain.
  Legend of the Seas Deck Plans