• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

tysen_white
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Feb 2009
Cabin: Balcony

Well this was my second cruise with carnival. Was on the Carnival Paradise 4 years ago with the family. This trip was just me and my Girlfriend. We decided to fly in the morning of despite what most people recommended. Arrived around noon at LAX to SuperShuttle to the dock and got to the post around 12:30.

EMBARKATION: Now everyone I read said that this would take anywhere from 30 mins to a few hours. From the time we walked thru the first door to the time we were on the boat free to walk around took us less then 10 mins. The staff in my opinion were surprisingly friendly and very helpful. I was very pleased with the ease and speed of this process. Nice work carnival. Since my girlfriend booked the cruise she accidently booked on SuperBowl sunday. Not a problem at all. The delayed Muster drill tell the next morning and showed the game on the Projection screen in the Taj Mahal. hundreds of people watching the game at once was the best time I have had watching the game. I would have no problem going on a cruise on superbowl sunday again.

CABIN: We had a small inside cabin on the 8th floor due to money saving. Loved the room. It wasn't very big but from what I could see from other peoples rooms was they had about the same size just they paid a fortune more for a balcony. The room steward was not seen until the second day, but his service was excellent despite the fact we rarely ever saw him.

Balcony