3. Splendour of the Seas
You are over the age of 70 and like being rude to people. Then this is the cruise for you! Overall, the cruise was boring, the people on the cruise were rude, old people, the ship is old, bathroom too small, RC charges for EVERYTHING (ironing services, dinner options, coffee at dinner, room service costs after midnight), and the list goes on and on. PLEASE get your money back and do not go on this cruise. If I can save someone their time, energy, and money, then I've done my job. If I could rate this a zero, then I would. During one of the shows, the string quartet made a statement/joke about how the splendor of the seas was a floating prison, and I could not agree more. I was ready to get off the boat on day 2! Here are a list of just a FEW issues I had with them: 1. Have more activities and entertainment. 2. Have more activities and entertainment that is geared to a younger audience. 3. Have a movie theater or playing movies on the lido deck. 4. Have a midnight buffet like most other cruise lines. 5. The itinerary for the different locations was terrible. We did not have enough time at the ports (esp Athens). 6. Housekeeping would never answer the phone and we tried to call several times. 7. The shows/performances were boring and of low quality. They were very amateurish. People were falling asleep during the shows. 8. There were gnats or some small, flying insects in our bedroom. I swear I was getting bitten at night while in bed. 9. Sheets had dried blood and other nasty, questionable stains on them. These were supposed to be "clean" sheets placed on our beds. 10. Better channels on the tv in the room (and additional movie channels besides TCM -- again catering to the older population). 11. The dance "club" played terrible music and the dj would not play the songs we requested. 12. Not enough seating in the Windjammer. Also, it would be nice to have additional food options on the lido deck every day. 13. We only had 3 animal towels during our 7 day cruise. On other cruises, I'm used to getting one every day and sometimes more than one a day. 14. The cruise director was not good. He didn't seem genuine or a good director. I've seen MUCH better on other cruise lines. Plus, I did not know who the cruise director was until maybe day 3. 15. On other cruise lines, they typically have a day where the serve lobster FOR FREE during dinner. RC wants to charge for EVERYTHING and therefore, it was on the menu every day at a cost. 16. The quiet zone was pointless. You could have a movie playing or some other fun activity going on during that time. 17. A/C did not properly work in our stateroom. 18. The agenda/daily activities overlapped with our dinner time, and therefore we would miss shows. 19. The food was not good on the boat. I was unimpressed with the food options. 20. There are additional issues, but I will stop here for now. Overall, I was not pleased with my experience with RC. I do not plan to go on a RC cruise again. I also will be posting a trip advisor report letting others know of the "not so pleasant" experience I had on RC. I have cruised on several Carnival cruises, and I had a wonderful experience EVERY TIME. I was never bored, I had plenty of food options, and the entertainment was entertaining. RC, on the other hand, was the first cruise where I was not happy and I was extremely bored. One experience that really rubbed me and my group the wrong way was at the photo department. I took a picture (with my camera phone) of one of my pictures (because I did not see the sign that said not to take pictures). The photo guy came to me and said security saw me and to delete the picture. I did not appreciate his approach, but I deleted the picture anyways. A few days later, one of my cruising friends went to view her pictures. She noticed that NONE of our pictures were up there. She went to the guy and asked him about it. She had him print out all of her pictures. Come to find out, they pulled all of our pictures and did not place any of our pictures up for viewing. Not only that, but they removed other people's pictures that was not even there when the "incident" went down. I felt like they were profiling and discriminating against our group and anyone who was with us (regardless of whether they were there or not). This is unacceptable behavior from a company, and I feel that there was racial profiling taking place. It's not fair to other people in our party that they get "punished" for something they were not even involved in. The fact that the photo guy thought he was "punishing" us was petty and unnecessary. It was not that serious. However, they felt that they needed to do that. RC will not be getting my business again. Also, I will be sure to tell others of this experience. I'm sticking with Carnival and other cruise lines.

Please do not go on this cruise; save your money, unless...

Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review by zcg

Here are a list of just a FEW issues I had with them:

1. Have more activities and entertainment.

2. Have more activities and entertainment that is geared to a younger audience.

3. Have a movie theater or playing movies on the lido deck.

4. Have a midnight buffet like most other cruise lines.

17. A/C did not properly work in our stateroom.

19. The food was not good on the boat. I was unimpressed with the food options.

20. There are additional issues, but I will stop here for now.

I'm sticking with Carnival and other cruise lines.
zcg’s Full Rating Summary