3. Nieuw Amsterdam
I am a member of the Mariner Society and have sailed a number of times on Holland America. It had been a few years between sailings and this past cruise was a hugh disappointment in almost every respect. Only the Indonesian staff have keep the high quality. The food was sub-par. The selections were terrible. Lunch at the Lido was just a mad house of trolling plates and not enough seating. Almost no music for dancing. Dull dull dull in every respect and I am writing this as a senior citizen. The casino would put you to sleep--after you could not figure out the slot machines that is. The deck chairs (if you can fine one) just ache your back and are impossible to get of for senior citizens. The fire on board surely didn't win any positive points either! No more HAL for me. It is just not the same Line I once knew.

What A Disappointment

Judith Rosica’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF
Room was great. Temperature not so--either hot or freezing and nothing in between. My room was the highlight of my trip--peace and a good view in comfort. It saved the trip for me. My cabin steward was just wonderful. Again, the service crew saved the day NOT the HAL officers and crew.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins