3. Pacific Dawn
I tried to find an email address so I could complain to P.& O. direct but alas could not find one after searching high and low. They must hope that we will just go away. Anyway here I go. I was told by other work colleagues that they weren't real happy with cruise but thought I would judge for myself. This was my 5th cruise. 3 with P. & O and two on Princess Sun. However I did enjoy PNG but would not recommend Alotau War excursion. Way to expensive and didn't really see war memorabilia, had air-con in mini-bus. Rabaul War Memorial was excellent but not enough time at sites and forget the Queen "Whoever" steps, waste of time. Time better spent at Museum and Cemetery. Lots to see and not enough time. No air-con in mini-bus. Islands and water are beautiful. Snorkelling great. On ship Beer at Lido was far from cold enough whether tap or cans/bottle. Bar staff lacked knowledge on how to even pour a beer. Even after politely mentioning to them quietly. They still had no idea. We ended up being told by another passenger that the cafe at the other end had cold beer. Service around pool was extremely poor. Most passengers got their own. Not good for bar sales nor recommendation. Restaurant food was poor. Menu wasn't up to par. Service was slow. Eating and trying to get to 2045 show didn't happen unless went earlier. I have always eaten at 8pm on other cruises and made it to late show. Drink waiters didn't come around unless called for. Perfume discount sales. Don't bother. Can get cheaper on mainland at Chemist Warehouse and the like. On Princess gym has a view of ocean. Maybe swap gym and kids area. They don't really enjoy the view. I love cruising but will have to think seriously whether to go with P. & O. again as the standard appears to be slipping.

Complaints

Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by Chris Toms

Islands and water are beautiful. Snorkelling great.

On ship