3. American Queen
If your looking for a very laid back cruise with amazing food and outstanding service check out the American Queen. We went from New Orleans to Memphis. I hear running the river down stream gives you a little more time at the history filled ports. If you are interested in the Civil War or Southern living this is the tour for you. The amzing staff from the Stewards like Adam, the porters like Kisha, the fantastic and fun staff of the front porch cafe, Kim, Gabby, Stefanie and others or the knowldgable and helpful pursers will treat you royaly. The hop off hop on tours give you a taste of each ports history and highlights with a little time to check out shops and museums. In the evenings there is wonderful entertainment with music, singing, storytelling, and more. Of course each afternoon you must check out the Riverlorian talk. In 2015 it is Jerry who tells great stories, is an accomplished author, and very knowledagable about US rivers (not just the MS). Food.....it becomes part of the entertainment. If you like dressing up and formal slow dinners try the dinning room for a more laid back (my favorite place on board by the way) check out the front porch cafe. Seafood, steak Dianne, chicken, key lime pie, cheese cake, coffee, or mixed drinks you'll find them here. Open 24 hrs for some drinks and lite snacks. Old or young the self serve icecream machine is a must.

A great way to sit, put your feet up, and relax.

American Queen Cruise Review by kdawn32

kdawn32’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Queen price drops

Cabin was clean and nicely furnished. Our steward Adam is outstanding. I wanted to take him home with us but he said it was too cold. I couldn't afford him anyway (he probably makes more than I do). He took extra efforts to keep an eye on my father (age 90, this trip was on his do it before I kick the bucket list). The entire staff mad my dad feel great. I can not say enough about the amazing staff abord the American Queen. In fact I just might try to join them if they are hiring when I retire from my current job in 20 years or so.