• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2015
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

This was my second cruise on MSC but I have cruised many times on others. The first time on MSC was on the Lyrica and it was a good experience the food was good and the ship was spotless. This time it was not (I considered taking a flight back from one of the ports of call). The Divina is a very nice large ship. The cabins are great but the food was not bad - it was terrible. Breakfast was OK in the dining room and the OK at best in buffet, lunch was OK to good in the buffet but poor in the dining room, dinner was very, very poor in the buffet and very poor in the dining room. I spoke to many other fellow cruisers on this trip and all thought the food was very poor! I did not have one meal for dinner that decent on this cruise. The production shows were tops but they were only 50% of the nightly entertainment. Crossing the Atlantic no TV, no movies - just nothing. An almost 5,000 passenger ship and they had 2 scanners checking you off the ship - Princess has 4 or 5.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin I1

Very nice.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

Too short of time

Madeira (Funchal)

Took the tram. What a wonderful city.

St. Thomas

Love St. Thomas but too much rain this time.

San Juan

This was a wow! I was not looking forward to this stop but one of my dinner companions told me about the bands playing in the street and the people dancing in the streets at night. I went out after dinner and it was wonderful!

Martinique

Good tour but it was in the middle of stay.

previous reviewnext review