3. Carnival Ecstasy
This was our first cruise and it was a chartered cruise so I know that some of our experience would be different than some cruises insofar as the entertainment because that was included in the chartered package so I won't count that. We had a balcony room (E102) on deck 7 and although the room wasn't huge, it had ample space. There were actually two hanging closets, a desk/bureau with four small drawers and another closet with shelves and a safe. I brought extra hangers including pants hangers because that wasn't provided. The balcony was at the very end so that was good because we didn't have people on both sides of us. In fact, we only saw one other passenger using the balcony when we were outside. I did bring a long vinyl shoe holder to hold all of our sundries, hair brushes, dryer, etc. and that freed up a lot of space. I wish I had brought a soap dish with suction cups for the shower to hold our bottles of soap and shampoo because there was no place to rest those bottles. They give you that but I prefer to bring my own. Our steward (Roy) couldn't have been nicer. He immediately learned our names and used them whenever he saw us. Our room was cleaned whenever we wanted it done but we never needed room service so I can't comment on that. There were more than enough places to see shows and entertainment throughout the ship. The placement of our room was mid-ship so there wasn't too much rolling but there was often vibration. There were ample bars and the drinks were good. When it came to the food, well the good news was that I didn't blow my diet. Of course the only reason for that was because the food wasn't very good. In fact, for the most part, especially for dinner, it was pretty awful. There were many places to get food but none of it was good. The least bad thing we ate was pizza and the only reason for that was that by comparison the pizza wasn't bad. Normally their pizza, while freshly made, would not have been considered good. My only good meal was one where I paid more and got a surf and turf selection. Our server, Nino, however was great. The disembarkation process went very smoothly. We took a 3.25 tour of Cozumel to see the ruins at San Gervasio which were the smallest of the Mayan ruins but our tour guide, Denisse, was very good. Since we live in S. Florida we didn't bother getting off the boat in Key West for a too-short stop. We would probably take another cruise but NOT on Carnival but that's mostly because of the food. I thought the ship was fine despite many of the bad reviews I read. I'm sure there are newer, more glamorous cruise ships, but it was the bad food that ruined this trip for us.

There was more good than bad.

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by PartyPlansPlus

There were ample bars and the drinks were good.

My only good meal was one where I paid more and got a surf and turf selection.

Our server, Nino, however was great.

The disembarkation process went very smoothly.

PartyPlansPlus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Cabin E102

Carnival Ecstasy Deck Plans

• Mayan Ruins
    Smallest Mayan ruins but it was a 3.25 hour tour of the ruins and beach. Denisse was our tour guide and she was great. It was a good tour because it was short but I wouldn't recommend it for children (they would be bored) or people who would have trouble walking over very rocky walkways and for about an hour.
    View All 369 Mayan Ruins Reviews